Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

hello... ^_=)/   I have a vintage telescope polarex  

Do telescope 100% by hand ....  my question is can i do stars shooting ...  with vintage camera OR digital camera

have old camera leica R3  like to use it   ?????

thanks 

this is my blue star

STAR KIT 1.tif

Welcome

Please could you use jpeg image, I can't see tif. I want to see what your telescope is.

ohh sory my polarex telescope 102mm 

and leica R3

IMG_1268.thumb.JPG.13a3eb6bebb23454b5c58ceb49b58835.JPGIMG_1269.thumb.JPG.05a00dc84f1724576b42e805eee3ce25.JPGIMG_1270.thumb.JPG.429ba138104a45548491cfbd6b14e8c5.JPGIMG_1271.thumb.JPG.5cb10c298781c0516b98d96a63a46f6e.JPGIMG_1273.thumb.JPG.82d85ec119979aa1fdc78e05a6fafb14.JPGIMG_1271.thumb.JPG.59f3cc1c4959cb252d4f14250fc0ac8f.JPGIMG_1274.thumb.JPG.f8b35b7d9d4e55d130540ed5d8c0dcd5.JPGIMG_1277.thumb.JPG.6a9ee32ec3065b0c593bcbcd1e54267b.JPGIMG_1278.thumb.JPG.4cb845edfc68cb9ea32a2135209d6c56.JPGIMG_1279.thumb.JPG.24413e601fb628816733653cb325cb6e.JPGIMG_1285.thumb.JPG.dfac00cabb3481f3e0348de13960075f.JPGIMG_1286.thumb.JPG.9a7151fee8371916889f7a1dab917001.JPG

On 2/18/2018 at 14:20, happy-kat said:

Welcome

Please could you use jpeg image, I can't see tif. I want to see what your telescope is.

It looks like you have a very long focal length refractor telescope.

I bet it gives fantastic views on the Moon and say Jupiter as well as lovely crisp star fields and splitting double stars.

You could look at taking video with a digital camera or webcam using your telescope on the Moon or say Jupiter as video would take many frames from which you could then process a photo. You could look to do this afocal first, where you support a camera/camera phone looking through an eye piece.

If your mount is manual then you can't really use your telescope with a camera for stars as stars would move across the field of view very fast and cause long streaks on your image.

If you put a fairly short (<200mm) lens on the Leica and used a cross-hair eyepiece in the long 'frac then I guess you could image something, but it would mean keeping a very close eye on your guide-star and tracking manually, not even providing the corrections for a tacking mount, but the whole thing.

IMVHO it would be a heroic, though largely pointless, exercise in masochism.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By masjstovel
      Hi,
      I bought my first telescope, SW 150pds about 6 months ago with the purpose of astroimaging "when i feel ready".  So far ive used my Nikon D810 for that, and I'm now  planning on taking the step buying my first AP camera.
      My targets would be DSO's, and not planetary. I want a mono-camera, not color. 

I want to get away with a very good camera to a reasonable price (wouldn't we all...) and in this regard I've been drooling on the ZWO ASI 1600MM Mono for some time. The price for it is in the upper part of my budget, but I'm willing to if its worth it.  I've seen from other treads that sensor-size isn't everything, and dynamic range and gain and all is just as important, but i have trouble understanding it all 100% when it's all new to me, but in my experience i am a practical person who learns things much better and faster with the gear in my hand. So without getting to technical, and staying as objective as possible - please help me with; 

1. Is this a good camera to go for?
      2. It's sold with options of filters 1.25", 31mm or 36mm - Why these options, and what determines what i would choose?

3. Would you go for another camera in this price range, and why? - Or to rephrase it a bit; If you were in my shoes, which camera would you og for?

I'd appreciate any help:)

I might add, that i understand that with my lack of experience, buying a mono-camera with filters and all might seem premature, but for some strange reason. I enjoy these "way over my head"-projects and figuring  out things as time goes - I just need some guiding in the right direction. 
    • By dragorom7
      Hello, i am new to this forum, i made my account here because i need help.
      So few weeks ago i ordered a USB to Serial cable to be able to Control my Telescope with my computer using stellarium.
      It arrived today.
      So i made my Star Alignment, then i plugged the cable to my Telescope and Computer, i installed the Cable driver and ASCOM Platform + ASCOM Celestron Driver.
      I started DriverConnect.exe and put the Celestron Driver i downloaded, and did the properties informations ( had to tick on "Advanced Setup" and "Show All COM Ports" ) and i put "COM8" on "COM Port", then i pressed "OK" and then "Connect"
      Result:
      Create              Creating device
      Connected           Connecting to device
      Error               System.Exception: Connect to COM1 failed, no Celestron scope detected
         to System.Dynamic.ComRuntimeHelpers.CheckThrowException(Int32 hresult, ExcepInfo& excepInfo, UInt32 argErr, String message)
         to CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ComObject , Boolean )
         to ASCOM.DriverConnect.ConnectForm.btnConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverConnect\ConnectForm.cs:line 268
      Dispose             Disposing of device
      ReleaseComObject    Releasing COM instance
      ReleaseComObject    Completed release. Count: 0
      GC Collect          Starting garbage collection
      GC Collect          Completed garbage collection

"Connect to COM1 failed, no Celestron scope detected"

In Stellarium i set-up everything, the plug-in and restarted the app, then added my telescope  and i says it's "connected" but i can't find my telescope.

Telescope:
      Celestron NexStar 127SLT
      The Cable i bought:
      https://www.amazon.com/Telescope-CP2102-Adapter-Control-Console/dp/B077G37VL1/
      PC Specs:
      Windows 10 Pro, GTX 970, 8GB Ram(DDR4), i7 6700 3.4Ghz

Looking forward for your help, thanks in advance,
      dragorom7.
    • By LILYDENISE
      Hello everyone, happy Tuesday.
      First time stargazer here, I'm hoping I can get some awesome feedback from you guys. 
      my fiancé and I are planning on taking a trip to Great Basin National Park from October 25th-30th, we're trying to catch the new moon, we want to do some deep sky viewing but we're having such a hard time on knowing which kind of telescope to purchase. we do have a few must- haves on our purchase, but I wanted to see what you guys recommend and what your experiences have been.
      we need a telescope that is portable
      good for deep sky viewing
      reflector vs. refractor
      and almost, but not necessarily, easy to use (we have time to learn the ins and outs of it)
      I apologize if its a lot, but trying to understand the jargon, as of now, is giving me a hard time
      Cant wait for any responses!!
      p.s. anyone ever been to Great Basin? what should we expect on our trip? its our first time going and first time doing any serious camping!!!
      THANKS A BUNCH!!!
      -LILY 
    • By Neiman
      Hiya, have absolutely no idea where to begin finding a camera for Astrophotography. And by that I mean - I know I want a canon but am unsure which to buy. It will be a second hand one. Does it need to be full frame ? Can any and all models be modified ? Is a higher pixel count the way to go ? What are the important things to look for in a DSLR ?
      any help would be great.
      Thanks
      Neil
    • By Mandy D
      I've just bought a Daystar Solar Scout 60mm DS for H-alpha imaging of the Sun. I am now looking for a suitable camera to use with it. I know I could use my DSLR, but for H-alpha that is not going to give best results, so am looking for a dedicated monochrome imaging camera. I have identified the ZWO ASI178MM as a possibility that fits my budget and has a large enough (I think) sensor to image the entire Solar disc if I use a 0.5 focal reducer which will give me a total focal length of 465 mm.
      Does anyone have any experience of this camera in this application, or know if it will be suitable? I know it does not have an IR blocking filter, which I understand is an advantage for H-alpha. The spec is available here:
      https://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/zwo-asi178mm-usb-30-monochrome-cmos-camera.html
      Thanks
      Mandy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.