Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Markarian's Chain

Handy_Andy

They are 10 minute subs but my guiding was spot on and should have done 15. Didn't swing round until nearly 2am so I was pretty tired to be out so long what with getting up for work at 5 the previous morning. Bit more data and it'll be a treat.

Of course it looks like a cracking piece of sky so I'm thinking of a nice big mosaic with a longer fl to get better detail. But now I've said that there's bound to be clouds until April ?

Really nice start!

I wonder if longer subs would be the right way to go since your stars are a bit blown out already (unless that happened in processing). More subs are probably better medicine (or a set of shorter subs to save the stars and galactic cores). What scope did you use? I notice that your stars are oval in the corners. If you used the ED80 with the Lightwave reducer (which I assume is also a flattener)  it may not be at the right distance from your chip.

Cheers

Archived