SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A quick LRGB

peter shah

Another shot of Orion  Exposure times 30mins in each RGB and Luminance 600s sub exposures. Imaged with my SX-H35 full frame CCD and 10inch f6.8 modified Dall Kirkham, no darks just flats and bias. Its a fraction noisy, more exposure time and a little less wavelet sharpening  will sort out that.. I'm planning on getting some more RGB and some H-alpha, hopefully before it disappears for this season. I used CCD Autopilot which made the  meridian flip pretty painless not centring it first time but plate solving sorted it out...I think my mount needs its polar alignment adjusting....

Worth taking a look at the full res image you can see all the mistakes :wink2:

Thanks for taking a look :thumbright:5a88ac606f6bc_M42AD250final.thumb.jpg.0e2f693f1487203fd6ba8521fd5bf6b3.jpg

1 hour ago, laser_jock99 said:

Nice core processing.

There is a lack of colour in the outer area of the core I've just done a repair

5 minutes ago, Toxophilus said:

Beautiful work Peter! One of the best M42's I've seen. Hopefully today's earthquake not pushed your PA out further ;-)

you are very kind....yep Polar alignment needs a tweak id love to blame it on todays EQ

7 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

Well I thought it couldn't get any better............. The bar goes higher still :)

Really beautiful image Peter.

Steve

Thank you Steve, I don't know so much though as the bar is already high there are some real stunning renditions on the forum

1 hour ago, Barry-Wilson said:

I'm further south than you and I still get about 2 hours before it disappears behind my neighbour's tree.  It's an elusive target and I'm still trying to finish the same image from last year . . .

I'm there with you Barry....feeling the pain :wink2:

Archived