Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_supernovae_remnants_winners.thumb.jpg.a13d54fa405efa94ed30e7abd590ee55.jpg

Highburymark

Meade ETX-105 and extras

Meade ETX-105 for sale. With autostar hand controller, Meade bag/backpack, and Baader solar film filter.

Only one thing to say about this scope. The optics are stunning. Moon views are apo-like - incredibly sharp and contrastful. 

Electrics and handset work well - though I haven't used its go-to for many years. No tripod - though it sits very happily on its fork mount and base, and is an excellent travel scope - backpack easily within airline cabin allowance. 

The downside? It's 18 years old. Optics a bit dusty. Couple of marks on the body (shown in pics) which are from Velcro stickers used to attach solar filter over front of scope (which I'm also including). The finder eyepiece is pretty useless, and anyone familiar with the ETX will know that the focuser is a bit rudimentary. 

All it basically needs is some tlc, a clean, and a new eyepiece for the finder (good thing about the ETX is that parts are readily available). And it would be a great scope once again. Difficult to know what it's worth, but I'm asking just £100 - which with the case and solar filter i hope is something of a bargain. Due to weight it will have to be picked up from London.

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

• Like 2

If I didn’t have Celestron 4SE OTA already I would take this off you. Looks in great shape really for its age. Good luck with the sale. :) 

27 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

If I didn’t have Celestron 4SE OTA already I would take this off you. Looks in great shape really for its age. Good luck with the sale. :) 

Thanks - love the 4SE too. It's a great size for a mak I reckon.

• Like 1

I had the 90mm version of this scope which I bought new about 17 years ago, so the same vintage. I can certainly vouch for the optics, razor sharp! Good luck with the sale.

3 hours ago, Lockie said:

I had the 90mm version of this scope which I bought new about 17 years ago, so the same vintage. I can certainly vouch for the optics, razor sharp! Good luck with the sale.

Thanks Lockie. 

I have an ETX70, Wold love this but alas, I'm more than 150 miles away :sad2:

Good luck with the sale..

John..

It is an absolute bargain!

I still have an etx90, splendid little thing, probably of the same vintage. :)

I can't stand the suspense! How come it's still for sale? I just want to look after this lovely little scope but I'm not so often in London. I'll send you a PM in a bit with some ideas how I could get hold of it. At least then I can rest easy one way or another...

If this is still available I would like to buy this. My daughter has just started to get into astronomy and looking for a decent scope without spending a fortune to start with. 

Edited by TUCKTUCK2980
Missing words.

3 hours ago, TUCKTUCK2980 said:

If this is still available I would like to buy this. My daughter has just started to get into astronomy and looking for a decent scope without spending a fortune to start with. 

Really sorry but had a firm offer earlier today - if for any reason it falls through then I will be in contact with you.