Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

An LRGB image of NGC4565 taken with my SX Trius 814 camera through my Esprit 150  - the image was previously posted in the Deep Sky imaging forum.

To maximize my chances of capturing some galaxy detail I took quite a few Lum subs and combined these with unbinned RGB data. I ended up with just over 14 hours integration time. Processing was done with three software packages:

• CCDstack: calibration, stacking & error rejection, Lum deconvolution and DDP stretch, RGB combination
  • Photoshop: mask generation(s), High Pass Filter, colour enhancements, noise reduction
  • Pixinsight: gradient reduction (DBE), Photometric colour calibration, green reduction (SCNR), noise reduction (TGVDenoise), sharpening (MLT).

Alan

5a88110fdd934_22.Final.thumb.jpg.30c312571cc17dd1a23644ec11befc17.jpg

LIGHTS: L: 34, R:11, G:20, B:21 x 600s. DARKS:30, BIAS:100, FLATS:40 all at -20C.

Edited by alan4908
typo on title
  • Like 17

3 hours ago, Galen Gilmore said:

Awesome!

Thanks for the comment Galen 

Alan

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By drjolo
      But not in one field I collected subframes for these two at the end of April and beginning of May this year, but just over last few days found the time to make some final processing. Conditions these days were not ideal - seeing was ok, but transparency was moderate under my suburban sky. So I had some hard time with colour balance and processing, but eventually I think I managed to set them close to proper values
      Setup was: Meade ACF 10" with AP CCDT67 telecompressor, QHY163M camera and EQ6 mount. Guided with SW 80/400 + ASI290MM.
      M106 details: LRGB 45:15:10:12 x 2 minutes.
      NGC4565 details: LRGB 100:15:10:12 minutes.
      The image targets do not require any more introduction I think  

Thanks for watching!
    • By alan4908
      An LRGB image and my first attempt at this galaxy with my Esprit 150. I decided to capture more than my usual amount of Lum subs with the objective of boosting detail.
      I was very happy with the resultant galaxy details and colours.
      LIGHTS: L: 34, R:11, G:20, B:21 x 600s. DARKS:30, BIAS:100, FLATS:40 all at -20C.

• By alan4908
      My first attempt at the galaxy NGC4565 with my Esprit 150.  I decided to give it quite a long exposure in the Lum filter to boost my chance of capturing the galaxy details.  There are quite a few fuzzies in the background.....
      The image is LRGB with a total integration time of just over 14 hours.
      Alan

• By 3ggman
      So I recently sold my atik4000 and got this nice little camera as a replacement. As luck would have the weather has been pretty bad since I got the camera and i only managed to grab a few hours here and there for this image. It still really needs a lot more time devoted to it but after only 7hrs so for I am really happy with what the camera is producing, the FOV is perfect for these kinds of objects and I think the camera fits really well with the TS90.
      The image is 4hrs Lum and 1hr per RGB channel and processed in PSCS4 and Pixinsight.
      Comments are always welcome.

• By 3ggman
      So I recently sold/swapped my ATIK4000 for a SXV-H9, the none set point cooling version. Tonight I got my first opportunity to get out and use it. Knowing that I wouldn't have long before the clouds rolled in, I dubious as to what I would get but I went ahead anyway as you never know when you'll get your next chance.
      Software was my real big worry when I decided to go for this camera, the ease of use of the ATIK was a real selling point, it really was plug and play and from what I read about the SXV they were the opposite. I was very unsure with what acquisition software to use, as I didn't need any processing software I didn't want to pay for Maxim, however this was solved when I found Sequence Generator Pro and figured out how to use the SXV autoguider through PHD (I included the QHY5 in the swap)
      Anyway long story short, the night went flawlessly, until the clouds rolled in that is. I wanted to grab something nice and bright to maximize the short time that I had and managed to grab 90mins of NGC4565. I am very happy with the result. I will have to start taking flats by the looks of it (the bunnys), strangely never had dust bunnys on the ATIK.

Not sure if anyone else uses Sequence Generator Pro, its my first time using it and I really found it to be a great program, really full of features and very easy to use, almost as easy as ArtemisCapture.
      One thing that I am not sure about is the cooling of the camera, is it automatic cool down and warm up. There are options to set it in SGPro but I can't get any readouts or indication if it is cooling down or warming up.
      Hopefully I will get the chance to finish this soon as this camera seems like it will be a real performer.
      PS. The reason I sold the ATIK4K was to finish restoring my Ford Capri, she's just got the first coat of paint today so not long now, something to do on those long summer evenings :grin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.