Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

UV Protection Hat On Sale

Pig

Alan, the hat arrived today and it looks like it will do the Job, I am not overly conserned about it being black as it is quite well ventilated which should help keeping cool. My main consideration is to keep light away from the top and sides of the eyepiece without having to constantly keep moving material to the correct position, I think this will work...... but hey I will need the sun to try it out for real ?

5 minutes ago, garryblueboy said:

Looks tempting Shaun 

Garry hopefully I will get to try it soon and I can let you know how effective it is, I am not overly concerned about light from below, but the top and sides are what I want to block out.

1 minute ago, garryblueboy said:

That be good Shaun if any good I may indulge I currently use a blackout sheet I got from dunelm it works fine but a hat would be useful 

I have of course tried it on and sat at the scope as if I was observing and it certainly blocks the light out..... I can see it being quite a successful purchase..... I have used several methods including a Count Dracula cloak that I pull over my head (I guess I could say “Count Takula “ now )? it will make quite a nice change not to have to faff about.

9 minutes ago, garryblueboy said:

They are wonderful scopes well I've joined you in getting one for the price you can't go wrong really 

Yes I am quite stunned by just how good they are .... I popped  the 21mm Ethos in on Friday and had a look at the double cluster .... the differing star colours were quite stunning ✨

Whatever takes your fancy ? I thnink overkill is an overkill  .... the hat also protects your head and neck from sunburn and is a sinch to use.... and you get to look like Freddy wearing it, what more could you want ?

2 hours ago, Rusted said:

Are you blokes made of money? :glasses9:

Wot's wrong with a black bin bag? :afro:

And a bit of combine harvester twine for a chin strap?  :icon_brilsmurf:

Well as you get a bit older comfort is the key..,.. and that hat sure is comfy!!?

Archived