Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Hi,

I bought a OVL dual speed crayford focuser for my Skywatcher ED100 , the problem is that the OVL crayford does not have the bracket for the standard skywatcher finderscope that the original focuser did.  Sorry if this is a stupid question but Is there a way to mount this on my scope without having to drill into the tube?

Thanks

There's a plastic grub screw that covers a point that you can screw a finder shoe into Here's mine (I don't know if mine is ovl but it I think it's the same design). I drilled a new hole in a finder shoe to locate it where I wanted.

20180217_085133_HDR.thumb.jpg.33e3c4582b8b1d2e4b86395dffa4fb4b.jpg

Edited by Paz

Yes that looks like it. It's a case of picking where to put a hole in the finder shoe. Mine is where it is so that the finder shoe doesn't get in the way of the big screw that you use to lock the rotation off.

1 hour ago, LightBucket said:

Are you sure that was a blanking screw, and not one on the tube alignment screws...?? 

A good question, I'm sure it isn't an alignment screw.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SusanH
      Hello everyone 
      I've just bought my first telescope, a 10 inch Dobsonian, Saxon brand (same as Skywatcher).
      In daylight I've collimated it with a laser collimator.  Also in delight I've centred the finderscope on a house on the horizon (probably 5 km away). The image is inverted and the left side appears on the right.  I understand that's normal.
      The house is also centred in the eyepiece and the view is inverted and left appears right, as with the finder scope.  BUT the horizon is at about a 60 degree angle ( see pdf sketch attached).  Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong?  Or is there a problem with the telescope?

Many thanks in advance

Susan
      telescope views25082020_2.pdf
    • By doubledoubleswifty
      Hi everyone,
      I'm selling my Sky-Watcher 9x50m Finderscope including mount.
      Item is in good condition and selling as I have upgraded to a RACI Finderscope.
      Please see photos, asking for £25 in total including delivery.  
      Any questions, please let me know.  

• By Jimmy Rocket
      SOLD
      Here is my skywatcher 9x50 finderscope in great condition, comes with the mount as in the pic. selling due to upgrading on my Mak, asking for £25 which includes free UK postage only. 
      Any questions let me know. 

• By kris h
      I was given this Unicon Refractor Telescope a couple of years back now, and want to start using it.
      I have the bracket but it's missing a finderscope. A finder similar as the one pictured would be great but anything that would fit will be fine.

Cheers
      Kristopher.

(Not My Pictures)

• By Welsh Dave
      Hello There,
      I was wondering if you could help me. I am currently making a setup but I would like to add a good finderscope onto my Celestron Starbright XLT scope. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
      Welsh Dave

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.