Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2018_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a4fa178de7d36660e48f7eb1205319eb.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
lynnm

End of feb viewing

HI,

I plan on venturing out with some of my kit for some night time viewing.. is that spot I think nobby found still workable?

https://goo.gl/maps/GB7JZJX5dzE2

anyone else interested?  looking at dates from Feb 27 until March 7th

mike

I've not been there for about a year but kept in touch with land owner each Christmas, still ok to use as far as I know.

I've got no car at the mo so stuck !

Thanks for the info, looking at the forecast it does seem unlikely at the moment, with cloud cover, but fingers crossed.

if you fancy a lift i'll have space.

mike

19 hours ago, lynnm said:

Thanks for the info, looking at the forecast it does seem unlikely at the moment, with cloud cover, but fingers crossed.

if you fancy a lift i'll have space.

mike

Much appreciated, I'd have to grovel to the Mrs for a permit ! I've got no car as had to leave it at work... Can't drive as have an impinged shoulder :hmh:

Hi gents....Im back as well now, so can always swing by and pick up Knobby.  Tomorrow night is looking quite nice funnily enough....

Grovelled to the Mrs but she's adamant (and probably correct) a night in the cold would not be good for my recovery ! As it is I've been off work since mid January and still not better ! Thank God for TeamViewer :hello2:

• Like 1

Guest maryh96

Hi, I am doing an end of degree project on variable stars due next thursday and London's weather does not allow finish it. I was wondering if someone would do me the favour of observing the pulsating variable star V0460 Andromeda http://variablestars.net/stars/460/ in the Johnson R filter, for a period of 1 hour and 50 minutes? please?

Thanks so much!

Is anyone allowed to use the site?

I'm based in Romford and have been looking at that area, been scanning google maps for lay bys to set up in 

Posted (edited)

I check in with the land owner every year to make sure it's still ok to use, they say as long as it's kept tidy (ie no cans or wrappers) and no fires or noise we're still ok.

So yes, but be courteous.

Edited by knobby
spelling

Sign in to follow this