SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nothing new, the Rosette

alan potts

I have added to this a few times without always getting the scope in the right place sometimes but thought I would show you what I have hashed up. This is 240x60sec with 20x all the rest on a 805mm APO using a Canon 40D, the shutter count of which has gone up somewhat in the last couple of months. I have a new Lodestar Super now to try and guide with so that's next skill to attempt to master in some way. I feel after I have had a good grounding in the art with a normal camera I will move on to a either a CCD or CMOS type camera, maybe the latter are still a bit new as yet. I have also managed to get a 3 inch reducer/flattener that will take the scope down to 640mm that screws into place, so maybe the Rosette will fit the field now and make things easier as plate solving is still fiction to me.

5a8673fc1694c_Long.thumb.jpg.53a63f4d715e9f7751a18ec7ee42be01.jpg

I am not sure why but I attempted to increase the contrast slightly and the computer wouldn't let me, tells me it's locked and I do not have permission, Dark Forces at play for sure.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Love the picture. It's something I need to have a go at sometime. Regarding the platesolving, if you use APT, follow it's user guide and download a few extra files, platesolving and syncing the results to your mount only takes literally seconds. I'm just a novice but I managed to get it working the other night. APT is free but I paid the 18 euros as it's worth that and some!

14 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Hi Alan,

Love the picture. It's something I need to have a go at sometime. Regarding the platesolving, if you use APT, follow it's user guide and download a few extra files, platesolving and syncing the results to your mount only takes literally seconds. I'm just a novice but I managed to get it working the other night. APT is free but I paid the 18 euros as it's worth that and some!

Yes it may well do if you know what your doing, about the only thing I am reasonable at is Photoshop but I used it for a long time with normal photography but not to this degree. I have the files you talk of already in the laptop, but I tend to take one step at a time, I must get guiding to work next. This was a total wash out with the wrong cable before, so I got a new camera with smaller pixels and generally better all round, at least the weather is better here than back home. Having said this I did spend over an hour trying to work the other camera and PHD, with the lens cover over the guidescope:iamwithstupid:

1 hour ago, Allinthehead said:

That's a nice Rosette.

I see you own one of those Astrodon filters, the filters that when I saw the price had to lay down and take oxygen, and I thought TV Ethos were expensive, I think I may wait until i get onto either a CCD or Cmos before I go down the road of filters and then I feel I may well draw the line at Astonomiks.

Alan

6 hours ago, alan potts said:

I see you own one of those Astrodon filters, the filters that when I saw the price had to lay down and take oxygen, and I thought TV Ethos were expensive, I think I may wait until i get onto either a CCD or Cmos before I go down the road of filters and then I feel I may well draw the line at Astonomiks.

Alan

Yes, luckily for me i only needed the 1.25" with the Asi 1600

Archived