Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC4565

alan4908

My first attempt at the galaxy NGC4565 with my Esprit 150.  I decided to give it quite a long exposure in the Lum filter to boost my chance of capturing the galaxy details.  There are quite a few fuzzies in the background.....

The image is LRGB with a total integration time of just over 14 hours.

Alan

5a85b5ebdc4de_22.Final.thumb.jpg.d8cf76a4735863857eef3c74c4b931b8.jpg

LIGHTS: L: 34, R:11, G:20, B:21 x 600s. DARKS:30, BIAS:100, FLATS:40 all at -20C.

15 hours ago, Craney said:

Blimey..  I feel like I'm on the bridge of the Enterprise  !!

15 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

Now I know that spring can not be far off.

An excellent capture of one of my all-time favourites.

I'm glad you liked it - yes, my garden bulbs are also telling me Spring is near. 

14 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Fantastic

Thanks !

14 hours ago, pipnina said:

14 hours! I'd be well chuffed if I were you!

Cracking image, the detail and colour in the disc is incredible!

Yes, 14 hours is quite a lot for me but I think it was worth it for the detail it has revealed. It has turned out somewhat better than I had envisaged. :hello:

14 hours ago, swag72 said:

Great detail!!! What a super shot :) 

Thanks Sara !

13 hours ago, PhotoGav said:

Oh my, I really like this! Stunning! What a bulge! Great job. I like your processing of this too.

Yes, the bulge is impressive and quite bright ! - thanks for your comment.

12 hours ago, tomato said:

Outstanding!

Having decided a 250mm RC was the scope I should get for targets like this, your image is making me think again.

Was it taken from the UK?

Yes, it was taken from the UK, to be more precise from my back garden observatory in East Sussex. I'm quite fortunate to have quite dark skies which really helps on LRGB images. I'm very impressed with my Esprit 150/Trius 814 camera combination which yields images at 0.7 arc seconds/pixel, this level of resolution appears to work well at my site. I've also mounted the Esprit 150 on a 10micron mount allowing me to go down the unguided route, which has increased my imaging efficiency - mainly due to fact that I no longer loose guide stars !

12 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

You can do the galaxies with a large refractor - as you demonstrate very clearly! Bravo.

Olly

Thanks Olly !

10 hours ago, gorann said:

Amazing shot! I have been thinking about it for a while and now you just pushed me a bit closer towards pressing the buy button an an Esprit 150.....

Thanks - well I don't think you will be disappointed if you do decided to purchase an Esprit 150, I'm very happy with mine. :happy11:

9 hours ago, iansmith said:

Excellent shot. 

Thanks Ian. 

9 hours ago, cwit1 said:

Wow, that's stunning great work!!

Thanks for the comment, it is much appreciated.

Alan

Archived