Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Tracy Burnett

Beginner

Hi I'm Tracy from Aberdeen Scotland and I am very much a beginner to astronomy and (hopefully) astrophotography. I've just bought my first telescope, a skywatcher skymax 127 synscan az goto. I look forward to learning out there in the night sky.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tracy Burnett said:

Hi I'm Tracy from Aberdeen Scotland and I am very much a beginner to astronomy and (hopefully) astrophotography. I've just bought my first telescope, a skywatcher skymax 127 synscan az goto. I look forward to learning out there in the night sky.  

Thank you  

Hi Tracy, welcome to SGL :smile:

Congratulations on your first scope. I'm sure it will present you with many hours of enjoyment. Maybe a few frustrations too - if you get stuck on anything, need advice or just want to know stuff just ask away!

• Like 1

Welcome, Tracy. I hope you enjoy the forum and the hobby.

May I suggest you join us at Aberdeen Astronomical Society? Next meeting Feb 27 at Newtonhill. Have a look at the website.

All levels of expertise and some folks who know their AP ...

• Like 1

Hello Tracy welcome to the community, if you ever need any answers we are all here to help, see you

around the forums.

Clear Sky's.

• Like 1

Hi Tracy and welcome to SGL - If you think astrophotography is your thing, then do yourself a favour and get hold of a copy of the book making 'Making Every Photon Count' available from the FLO website. It's something of an imaging bible and will really help you avoid making many mistakes :) 

• Like 1

Welcome Tracy,

I too am new to Astronomy, and also hoping to get into astro-photography.

I have learnt so much from this very friendly and informative forum and just love looking at the images some of the members produce they are outstanding.

Steve

• Like 1