Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Beginner

Tracy Burnett

Hi I'm Tracy from Aberdeen Scotland and I am very much a beginner to astronomy and (hopefully) astrophotography. I've just bought my first telescope, a skywatcher skymax 127 synscan az goto. I look forward to learning out there in the night sky.  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Tracy Burnett said:

Hi I'm Tracy from Aberdeen Scotland and I am very much a beginner to astronomy and (hopefully) astrophotography. I've just bought my first telescope, a skywatcher skymax 127 synscan az goto. I look forward to learning out there in the night sky.  

Thank you  

Hi Tracy, welcome to SGL :smile:

Congratulations on your first scope. I'm sure it will present you with many hours of enjoyment. Maybe a few frustrations too - if you get stuck on anything, need advice or just want to know stuff just ask away!

Welcome, Tracy. I hope you enjoy the forum and the hobby.

May I suggest you join us at Aberdeen Astronomical Society? Next meeting Feb 27 at Newtonhill. Have a look at the website.

All levels of expertise and some folks who know their AP ...

Hi Tracy and welcome to SGL - If you think astrophotography is your thing, then do yourself a favour and get hold of a copy of the book making 'Making Every Photon Count' available from the FLO website. It's something of an imaging bible and will really help you avoid making many mistakes :) 

Archived