Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_close-ups_winners.thumb.jpg.b5fb18580607a749e382266fe55a02a1.jpg

geoflewis

Rosette or Poppy....?!!

So having spent the past couple of weeks collecting data to print and frame this as a gift for my wife today, she said so what is it, a poppy?

NGC2244_LHaRGB (Res300-25)-HLVG(M).jpg

Oh well, I guess its the thought that counts...

Cheers, Geof

Edited by geoflewis
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I told her it was a rose for Valentine’s Day, that I given blood, sweat (well these temperatures that’s hardly true), and tears trying to get it done in time. To which she said, ‘thanks, it’s really lovely, but the black center makes it look more like a poppy...’ 

:dontknow:

• Confused 1

Maybe we should rename it the Opium Nebula - certaining she usually finds any mention of my hobby by me as pretty mind numbing....!! I’ve previously dragged her out to the scope to show her Saturn and Jupiter and she just says, ‘that’s nice, can I go in now?’

She did get a kick out of the total solar eclipse last year though, so maybe there is hope.....

• Like 1