SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

HELP ME FOCUS PLEASE // NIKON TO CELESTRON

I just bought a T-ring adapter for my nikon d3000 and want to connect it to my celestron powerseeker 127EQ, I have read some tutorials about focusing but can't understand it clearly.. (English is not my native language and there's no much info in spanish) 

SO 20180213_191211.thumb.jpg.7eac194c0c3aa8534df5c0690e174f42.jpg20180213_191136.thumb.jpg.bd5bcd228a826e6a4b0ebdf8296b991e.jpg

I saw in a video that I can use a barlow lens to achieve focusing but I'm not sure if this works, I have a 3x barlow.

Am I missing something? Is there any other piece I'm missing for achieving focus? I have seen many videos where they connect the t-ring to another weird tubes to enlarge everything but I dont know if I need those.. I'm a total noob in this :(

Can someone explain to me how prime focus works? What else I need to buy to focus? Help please :(

Ok, i understand you may be totally new so i will try to explain as easily as i can from the best of my knowledge, every telescope is designed to gather light and bring it to a point where an eyepiece then focuses that light, that point is called the focal plane.

In your case your telescope is a 1000mm which means the light travels 1000mm before it reaches the focal plane, thats where your eyepiece goes, now, when you add a camera you must understand that instead of an eyepiece the light now has to reach the camera sensor which is deeper inside the camera than where the eyepiece would be. This means that the light has to travel further than its focal plane to reach the camera sensor because it is farther away than where the eyepiece usually sits, to remedy this you can use a barlow between the telescope and camera, but i would not use a 3X barlow for that, a barlow multiplies the focal length of the telescope by 2 or 3 depending on the barlow so with a 2X barlow your telescope will be 2000mm now.

Try a 2X barlow in the scope and then attach your camera to the barlow, you should be able to achieve focus, i could be wrong but 3X is too much, your field of view will be so narrow.

Archived