Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Comparing my 4" to Nick`s new Helios

wookie1965

Went out 7.30 got set up 2 star alignment Regulus and Procyon.  

NGC  2281 first nice spread out cluster just to check I was hitting targets.  h3945 SAO 1733 49 lovely blue and yellow (winter Albireo) M 41 and Beta Mon next but they where right behind my screen I had to make to block the street light out.

15 Mon if this is a double I could not split it lovely yellow/orange colour at the base of NGC 2264 ( Christmas tree cluster)

M 47 nice small cluster M 46 if I was in the right place very sparse with a bright orange star 2 o'clock in FOV.

M 50 sparse cluster this one nothing to shout about. M 48 in Hydra now this was a cracker plenty of stars.

Into Ursa Major now 

53 UMa  SAO 0624 84  orange/red but I could not split it.

65 UMa  SAO 0439 45 easy split these twins 

Sigma 2 UMa SAO 0147 88 bright yellow delicate companion at the 10 o'clock position.

57 UMa SAO 0625 72  Main white star red companion at 3 o'clock with a delicate off the companion at 1 o'clock.

3 testers 

Tegmine Zeta Cancri SAO 0976 45  could not pull out the third star even at X200  with my 5 mm not got anything higher than this.

Iota Cancri another winter Albireo SAO 0804 15 beautiful bright yellow with a smaller blue companion.

Phi 2 Cancri  08h 26m 08  +26 56  tight  double both the same split with the 11mm Televue better than the 15mm BST.

By this time I was in loads of pain and freezing I was about to turn my attention to Cassiopeia just to finish off with another challenge Iota Cass but clouds had come over so packed up, my son came out carried all heavy stuff in. 

Not a bad night and now I have adjusted the dovetail and started ignoring the bubble on the mount using a small level instead hitting the targets I am so pleased. 

Archived