Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_widefield_winners.thumb.jpg.89a389e06ea148084fc6cb2e2cf32749.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
shirva

Skywatcher ed finder guider scope

shirva    263

Anyone pulled the trigger and bought one of the new finder scopes,, deffo like the look of it,, finder scope ,,lol,, more like a nice video astronomy scope..

hadyn42    85

Hello Davy

Been looking at the scope too for VA too.

Are you heading to Galloway in March?

Best regards,

Hadyn - Isle of Man

shirva    263

Hi hadyn, been talking to a few guys from astronomy Scotland at the end of last year,, been thinking about doing a star camp and would be great to join them, only managed a day trip to the Scottish air museum at East fortune astronomy day,, but my kit was playing up,, I took my new zwo178mc and sky watcher az gti,, just not had enough shake down testing.. Doing a new PC stick set up for astronomy,, crossing av and ap,, few things to sort out for pipeb band I'm in.. Then can finish scope mod and get testing done in quick time.

The sw finder looks ideal for va/eaa, I think it would go great with my proposed scope set up,, I already have the orion finder guider scope and think it has great views,, so the ed skywatcher really appeals to me,, I have a twin finder bracket and the thought of having the orion one as a guide scope and sw as an imaging one ticks the boxes,, definitely buying one.

hadyn42    85
14 hours ago, shirva said:

Hi hadyn, been talking to a few guys from astronomy Scotland at the end of last year,, been thinking about doing a star camp and would be great to join them, only managed a day trip to the Scottish air museum at East fortune astronomy day,, but my kit was playing up,, I took my new zwo178mc and sky watcher az gti,, just not had enough shake down testing.. Doing a new PC stick set up for astronomy,, crossing av and ap,, few things to sort out for pipeb band I'm in.. Then can finish scope mod and get testing done in quick time.

The sw finder looks ideal for va/eaa, I think it would go great with my proposed scope set up,, I already have the orion finder guider scope and think it has great views,, so the ed skywatcher really appeals to me,, I have a twin finder bracket and the thought of having the orion one as a guide scope and sw as an imaging one ticks the boxes,, definitely buying one.

Hello Davey

Thanks for the info. Just like to say that I have been to the Galloway Stargazing event three times now and find that the folk there are great fun, but must warn you if you go that there's normally about 10 to 12 different vintages of Whisky to sample  and there is lots of debates over astronomy and the whisky too. There is a good sized club room there with a telly and enough room for a good party, ha, ha.

I bought a secondhand ZWO 224mc camera last year and not even used it as yet and for Christmas I bought a SW AZ Gti mount and it has only been in action once this year as yet! Please try and get along to Drumroamin campsite, my wife and I arrive there on Monday 19th March and leave on the following Monday.

Best regards,

Hadyn - IOM

shirva    263

I'll ask my uncle if he is interested in taking a trip,, we went down and had a look one day,,and went up to the dark skies observatory,, cracking campsite,, yeah heard the vicious rumours going around about the whisky tasting.. I would be fine ,,gave up drinking 12yrs ago ,, hangover was taking longer do settle down 😂

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By newtyng5
      Skywatcher 14” FlexTube Dobsonian GOTO with extras
      Skywatcher Skyliner 350P 14" F/4.5 FlexTube GOTO for sale.

Comes with :
      Skywatcher PowerTank 17Ah.
      Heater strip on the secondary mirror. does NOT come with the Dew Controller.
      Telrad Finder and Telrad Riser Base.
      Skywatcher 9x50 Finderscope
      25mmSkywatcher Super Plossl eyepiece
      Skywatcher 2x Barlow lens.
      Dual-Speed 2" Crayford Focuser with 1.25" adapter
      Astrozap light shroud for Skywatcher FlexTube
      Cheshire Collimating Eyepiece
      Laser Collimating Eyepiece.
      this a big scope with great views. can be used as a goto or a push to scope.
      in excellent condition.
      The scope can be assembled and disassembled in about 10 minutes or so.

£1250

Buyer collects. Nottingham Area.
      Thanks
      EDIT: Decided to put a reason why I am selling this scope. It's been a fabulous scope (some of you folks may have seen it at the last SGL star party). But fitting this and my 11" sct in the car is a massive squeeze (I did have a 9.25 at SGL and just managed it, with the tents and stuff).
      So I have decided regrettably to sell. More images can be arranged, and by all means come and view it (no obligation).

• By Sunshine
      Hello! i am being offered this 100ED at a price which is hard to resist by an acquaintance who inherited it and doesn't plan on "checking out galaxies" as he put it LOL, it looks like a well built scope and a good frac is a scope for life, anyone have/had this scope?
      thx!
    • By Dinoco
      Hello,
      after deciding  on getting a dobsonian either a 150p or 200p I was wondering if anyone leaves their dobsonian outside?. Obviously I won’t be leaving it uncovered, I was hoping if there are any special all weather covers? So I can just leave it all assembled.I do have some room left in my garage but might be a tight fit . I was also thinking of getting a bag like this ( something  a bit bigger) http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/textiles-rugs/outdoor-textiles/tosterö-storage-bag-for-cushions-black-art-20292328/?cid=gb|ps|pla||||. I’d wrap it up in dust sheets or something as well. I really want to get one of those dobs but I’m struggling on where I can store it. And please would someone confirm the weights for me Ive seen the 150p dob is about 7kg is and the 200p is about 9kg and the base being around 10kg for both is this correct?
    • By Phil73805
      I have just bought (I bought it in January and the 'scope just arrived today) a Skywatcher Startravel 120mm Refractor together with an AZ5 Mount & Portable Tripod as a Grab & Go Telescope. The problem is that I am really struggling to find a decent quality storage/transport bag or hard case that will fit it. Not to mention the AZ5 and the tripod! I mistakenly bought one of the Geoptik bags for what turned out to be the wrong mount but I'm making it work by putting the mount in its cardboard box together with the extension and the flexible slow mo controls in their boxes to fill out the case and that'll do for now. The telescope however is a chunky beast (to which I added a Finder scope, not fond of red dot sight) and I am desperate for bag or case that will fit it.
      I cannot leave the telescope set up so it has to be put away each time and good cases/storage bags will make the world of difference to taking the telescope to darker skies and keeping it safe at home. Do any of you own this telescope (and mount)? Have you found a good case that you can recommend? Please let me know!  
    • By Dinoco
      Hi again  
      after thinking about getting the 130p dob I think I’ve change my mind and have decided to go for the bigger 200p as I’ve realised it’s not that bad to carry after looking at some videos. As I mentioned before  I don’t really have a good telescope at the moment and have never seen Galaxies or Nebulae properly before. These are my main interests and objects I’ll be observing the most ( and maybe star clusters) . I was wondering if the 200p is good for this type of thing? I live in a south facing garden ( if that matters) and relatively low light pollution.I’ve also seen filters which you can buy to get the best view out of them but not really sure how they work.  Or would I be better off getting a refractor?
      Thanks for the help.