Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 - my first go at including Ha

mikey2000

Here it is - my first attempt at incorporating Ha in to a LRGB picture.  For that matter, it's only my second proper try at LRGB - I'm going to have a busy year learning this stuff, I think!

I think I may have oversaturated things, in my enthusiasm.  Also does it look maybe a bit too magenta?  My coma corrector still needs that little bit of final fine tuning (some elongation in the corners) (this is a minor crop)

39533012834_5cb781c068_o.jpg

50mins Ha (5min exposures)
49mins L (60s exposures)
23mins each for R G and B (60s exposures)
Total 168 mins, towards the Milton Keynes skyglow

Taken over two nights with my new ASI1600M-Pro.

Hi,

That's a really nice image, you've obviously got some good data there, though I would agree with the above on saturation. It's a very fine line between getting the most out of an image and over-processing -- I tend to be a bit too conservative in the processing, and probably lose some of the faintest details.

Could you perhaps post a Ha jpg? I'd be really interested to see what a galaxy looks like in that wavelength. :) 

John

It certainly benefits from adding the Ha and you have managed that very well.  

Personally I don't think it is over saturated, I think it is an illusion coming from the fact that the data is clipped.  i.e. the black point has been brought too low which is a shame as you will have lost some of the finer detail.

What processing software are you using Mikey?

Carole 

Archived