Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Omni 120 ‘frac focuser mod

Knighty2112

To aid my new venture in to Astro imaging with my shiny new ZWO ASI 120MC CCD when I do either solar/lunar or planetary imaging (and a little deep sky DSO work too when I know what I’m doing!) I’ve just added my old Skywatcher Auto focuser to my Celestron Omni 120 f8.3 ‘frac to enable finer control of focus when using the camera, and also to limit camera/image shake when focusing, which when focusing by hand makes it look like an earthquake is going off on the laptop display! The original handcontroller needs replacing as one of the buttons is dodgy sometimes, but is workable at the moment, and I plan on getting a HitecAstro DC Focus controller anyway after next payday to replace the original iffy Sky-Watcher controller. This new controller will eventually allow for a much finer control also when it is connected up to a PC, so I can use my laptop to control focus better before any images are eventually taken.

Can’t wait for the next clear skies to test it all out! :)

65B31C4F-114D-40C7-9461-2523842663A7.thumb.jpeg.f9aa2c205d5a4fc53dea86633585f2cc.jpeg

E8333AB5-5380-4552-B277-6A62DEF828C6.jpeg

Archived