Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 2264 Cone Nebula, Christmas Tree Cluster in Ha

sloz1664

53 minutes ago, sloz1664 said:

I'm always a little apprehensive of posting on the forum.

Don't be, although I am too.  But the criticism I get is well worth it.....  

This is a nice image, and one of a few targets that I actually prefer in mono.  You were lucky to get two clear nights last week - we had just one.  But I like this image.  However, I should say that for over eight hours of exposure, your Ha image seems to me to be a bit noisy at full resolution.  Is this due to the JPEG conversion or something else?

Chris

20 minutes ago, cfpendock said:

Don't be, although I am too.  But the criticism I get is well worth it.....  

This is a nice image, and one of a few targets that I actually prefer in mono.  You were lucky to get two clear nights last week - we had just one.  But I like this image.  However, I should say that for over eight hours of exposure, your Ha image seems to me to be a bit noisy at full resolution.  Is this due to the JPEG conversion or something else?

Chris

Yes the jpeg conversion has added some weird artefacts. I'll convert to tiff and see if that's any better 

Steve

Archived