Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42/M43 CPC800 F10 revisited....

Psychobilly

This is a "no brainer" for me Billy; stick with the left side image. The enhancement in contrast between the images is insignificant. I'd stick with showcasing the wicked focus you've managed, keeping the core stars separate.

Yeah, I've looked again at the pics and agree with Glennbech, I didn't notice the the trapezium was so different in the 2 images. I was mesmerised by the contrast in the 2nd image and the detail in the nebulosity, esspeciallr along the right hand edge.

Thje left hand image has the edge as the trapezium is so well separated....

Gary

Tough one. Contrast is better on the right, but the left is more natural looking. Like a lot of nebulae (the bubble and the crescent spring to mind as examples), the M42 complex is surrounded by fainter stuff that is there but can be processed out if you want to.

'tis your call :). My personal preference is for a more natural look if possible.

Tony..

Hmmm... I first thought the right - the extra contrast brings out the swirls and is more lively.

But then I realised there's more detail in the left, plus the trapezium's there, and it looks more natural.

Final verdict: Left.

Andrew

Ok Based on the comments I have hopefully (but you know what its like) finished with this data for a while...

V1 on the Left V3 on the right - very subtle differences - and monitor setup might be critical to really see them...also droping to 8 bit an jpeging doesnt help the full res 16 bit tiff is quite nice though :)

9055_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Billy...

Archived