Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_galaxies.thumb.jpg.d7ac9ec2b53bebbaffa8a76a92120303.jpg

brrttpaul    1,222

I have been trying binning my lum 1x1 and my rgb in 2x2 but cant seem to merge them in pixinsight using LRGB combination, I keep getting incompatable image. any ideas where Im going wrong here?

drjolo    53

Maybe stupid question - but are they back in the same size? Maybe try to align them with Star Alignment. In LRGB Combination I load only luminance to process, uncheck RGB fields, and drag'n'drop this process to RGB image. 

carastro    2,500

The RGB needs re-sizing to the Lum, I don't use Pixinsight but I think I heard there is a way to do that in PX.  

Carole 

brrttpaul    1,222

thanks guys i guessed it was a resizing issue, will have a look and see if I can figure it out

feilimb    27

It may be the process called Resample in Pixinsight. 

brrttpaul    1,222

I opened star alignment used Lum is reference and then added RGB and lum below and saved the file then when i opened them up in LRGB combine it worked

• Like 1

geordie85    592
13 minutes ago, brrttpaul said:

I opened star alignment used Lum is reference and then added RGB and lum below and saved the file then when i opened them up in LRGB combine it worked

It's always nice when things work the way you want them to

• Like 1

wimvb    2,208
47 minutes ago, brrttpaul said:

That's the way. Registration scales the images and aligns them. Resample will only scale.

You don't need to add the lum to the image list.

• Like 1