Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with a OSC ccd

astro mick

Has anyone had success with a OSC ccd camera.

I have a SXV-H9C and cannot produce a decent colour image.

They all come out as just one colour.

i am using an IR block with the camera.Is this correct or does it effect the matrix.

I hve access to Astroart and Nebulosity, but dont know the correct offsets.

About to throw the camera in the bin.

Any help or advice would be gratefully apppreciated.

Mick.

Don't toss the camera or indeed the images in the bin just yet.

There are just a few de-bayer options to choose from. Try them all, perhaps best to try without the IR block since it you test it out in daylight the filter can cause a confusing tint on the finished debayered image.

But no problem in keeping it there for astrophotography. I always had one in.

Keep trying. Both AstroArt and Nebulosity can do the job.

/Jesper

I'm sure you have found this box, but it's easiest to use on a daylight image first time. Block of the scope with cardboard or something leaving just a smallish hole helps if you can't get exposures short enough not to flood the CCD.

Only a few options the matrix can be set at. You'll find it!

AA.JPG.527f14e8985fb77477f34835ae235324.JPG

Theres one for sale on ABS by an equipment reviewer and he mentioned it's RGBG, dont know if you need offsets as we!l.

You could try that in DSS and see if it looks right?

It will appear mono until you raise the saturation slider to 25% or so, and likely RGB levels will need equalizing too.

Michael 

RGBG is what the manual says but I am not sure that's right. It would put the two green pixels underneath each other which doesn't sound right. The offsets wouldn't work here as they are an indication of how the RGGB matrix is shifted and RGBG wouldn't be a valid result.

As has been mentioned probably best to take some daytime shots and use trial and error to find the correct settings (bearing in mind the images will most likely need some colour correction).

Don't bin the camera just yet. I had similar frustrations when I started with a OSC CCD. It was an Atik camera and in the end I used their processing software to start with as it picked the right matrix sequence automatically for their camera.

Trust me,  there will be a  colour image in there.

Archived