SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M78 Wip

Allinthehead

This is just a quick process of data i grabbed last night. I'm hoping to extend this and add another panel above this for my first mosaic. Would i be correct in assuming i just need a small overlap for my software (Astro Pixel Processor) to align?

This is 4 hours in 5 minute subs at 0 gain using the Asi 071 pro cooled to -20.

Star 71 on an Az EQ6

Stacked in APP, processed in APP and PS. 

Thanks for looking and as always comments/critique most welcome.

Richard.

m78final.thumb.jpg.9fb52d3eeb19b85804a2a82b4339e3f7.jpg

2 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Very nice. I’m craving a cloud free sky. 

Thanks Tooth. Looking decent again down here at the weekend. How's it looking for you?

2 hours ago, swag72 said:

This looks great!! I'd recommend a 10% overlap at the smallest for APP to stitch well :)

Thanks Sarah i'll give that a try.

2 hours ago, peter shah said:

great  shot, I understand why you want to do another panel  but I really love the framing as it stands

Thanks Peter. Ya i should probably keep plugging away at this but I'm looking forward to trying the mosaic, and even if it doesn't work as a combined image i'm thinking i'll still have two images to work with.

Do you think i might be wasting my time?

1 hour ago, RayD said:

Love it!  Great colours, tight stars and good detail.

I tend to agree with Peter in that the framing looks really good as it is and allows the eye to wander easily.

Thank you Ray. Food for thought. 

Archived