Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

RichM63

7D+150-600 zoom lens Sun Stacking Trial

Baader filter on the 150-600. ISO 100, f11, 18 frames as a first trial stack. PP as per a Lunar set (I think that I'm missing a step in terms of brightness). Hail showers and clear spells.

5a81bb360a005_SunStacktrialIMG_2360_lapl4_ap4.thumb.jpg.3cd7b94dff59488905e12388620a5533.jpg

Rich

• Like 5

Cheers, I'm trying to figure out what steps are required and what is acceptable.

another bash at it.

5a81cf5700c41_SunStackTrial_3IMG_2326_lapl4_ap4_DxO.thumb.jpg.601c4c0fc6ca225984651715c8fece8a.jpg

Rich

• Like 5

Thank you Pete, I'm struggling to work out what to do, after PIPP, AS3. to TIFF

Both images created from the same RAW batch, combining multiple single frames to TIFF. Then all round the houses, PSP9, DXO 11, PSP9.

But what do you experts do in PP ?

Rich

great shots mate, great improvement in each disc, I use a pluging set call topaz, detail, denoise ,clarity, ect. well done. charl.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichM63 said:

But what do you experts do in PP ?

Didn't I send you a recipe for this a thousand years ago? Obviously not... Remiss.

Nice images BTW

Re brightness, in Pipp there's a stretch option, 0-100, set it and click test to see how it looks, season to taste.

Gobbledegook section Overview.

Pipp to stretch and crop/align

Stick with AS!3. Set alignment point size to 16, analyse with the box set around the spots if there are any then stack setting the amount to stack at however many frames are over 80% quality (The graph)

IMPPG to sharpen, you'll probably want to turn deconvolution down to somewhere between 1-1.3 and reduce iterations to 25

Slide the 2 sharpness sliders along until you can't take any more then back a bit.

HTH

Edited by johnfosteruk
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks John. Nope, you kindly sent me a recipe for Lunar PP, about the same size in the viewfinder so I followed that. ;)

I'll paste the above into my Word file and see what I can make of it.

(bucketing down now, off to hunt down a new to me, lawn tractor, the 300mm prime gets pushed back yet again) !

Cheers, Rich

• Like 1