SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rosliston Star Party March 2018

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, I’ve been following your posts since the event was organised. Sorry to hear about the terrible weather although I will be at this campsite around the 14th April if anyone wants to revisit and try for a second time? At the moment there will be myself and a couple of local stargazers but the more the merrier 

Thanks for the offer. I can't make it though as I'm booked into Kelling that weekend. If you are there any other time, please post as I'd be happy to join you. 

clear skies and hope you enjoy, it's a nice site.

steve 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve booked this site for the weekend of 13th-14th April . Can those that have been to this site please advice on the following. I’ve been allocated pitch 33 the glade but I’m concerned about the view of Polaris as there are trees to the north of these pitches . Are the trees low enough to view Polaris ?? Thanks for your help 

The trees probably won’t get in the way. They aren’t tall. But you’ll want to move away from the car park security lights and toilet block. 

I’ve not been there on a clear night, but it should be nice and dark if you move further along.

Paul

PS. The chippy in the village looks good and the pub is really really cheap! £3.75 for a pint of vitaminbG (Guinness)??

Paul

On 18/03/2018 at 21:11, Ken82 said:

Hi guys, I’ve been following your posts since the event was organised. Sorry to hear about the terrible weather although I will be at this campsite around the 14th April if anyone wants to revisit and try for a second time? At the moment there will be myself and a couple of local stargazers but the more the merrier 

Ken you should be ok there, pitch 33 seems to be almost perfectly positioned. The owners are pretty reasonable and would let you change if needs be. Are you going to be in a tent ? I may join you as I missed the last meeting due to work commitments ?

2 hours ago, gtis said:

I can vouch for the chippy we didn’t get any clear nights

and the  Bass beer is nice ? 

neil

I'll second the chippy suggestion just don't get a large portion of chips as even I couldn't manage them :undecided: 

2 minutes ago, mapstar said:

I'll second the chippy suggestion just don't get a large portion of chips as even I couldn't manage them :undecided: 

A small portion is to big as well  cod and chips £5

Archived