Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rosliston Star Party March 2018

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/02/2018 at 19:17, wookie1965 said:

I'm in pod 2 kerry looking forward to it had a cracking weekend in October 2 clear nights crossed fingers for this time. 

I am in pod 3 next to you see you all there clear skies 

Neil

Hmmm. Maybe time to join the Pond Dwellers?

I think that Nick & I are the only people in tents.

It looks like we should have a good selection of scopes!! We might even squeeze in some solar (and a couple of pints).

Paul

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

With my bad back I could not erect my tent even being a air one that's the only reason I booked a pod. Having injections in my spine in the next 4 weeks hoping this gives me more movement. 

Make sure that you shout for help to move scopes etc.

I should think that lack of hassle and warmth come pretty high on the pro Pod list!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I do hope so get all this moisture out the way and have a weekend of dry clear skies to enjoy the sites. 

In October it was the best weekend I have ever had now having the mount sorted I will be able to view a lot more objects instead of faffing about aligning every 5 minutes. 

Long range forecasts are never reliable Paul so don't put much stock in them.

Not booked but I'm sure the good weather will arrive and I'm hoping it's going to settle as its the Galloway SP the week after.

Not done any astronomy since November so will be well rusty by then. May get some in April. 

I would be more worried if it was showing wall to wall sunshine and crystal clear nights........

Barring hurricanes, I’ll be there, gazing skywards cursing the British weather (possibly from the comfort of the nearest pub).

Paul

2 hours ago, mapstar said:

Long range forecasts are never reliable Paul so don't put much stock in them.

Not booked but I'm sure the good weather will arrive and I'm hoping it's going to settle as its the Galloway SP the week after.

Not done any astronomy since November so will be well rusty by then. May get some in April. 

I do hope so Damian last October was fantastic two clear nights. I had a bit of trouble with the set up had to keep centering it found out the bubble on the mount was way out and the dovetail on the Tal was not square , throwing everything out sorted that now I am getting everything in FOV nearly always in the centre so cannot grumble. 

I would have liked to gone to this.

However, I will be lost in France by then but wish you all a great weekend. I'm sure it will be much darker than last March's Star Party ;)

Good luck and wishing you great clear skies :icon_biggrin:

Archived