Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 3184

johnrt

This perfect little spiral galaxy lives in Ursa Major, it's a nice size and brightness to capture too. The only difficulty is the area is littered with some really bright stars that played havoc with my background, I think I've managed to deal with the most of it!

A nice little imaging run after another bout of weeks upon weeks of cloud - 47 x 10 minute subs with the 6" RC & Atik 460ex in SGPro. Calibrated & combined in Pixinsight and processed in CS5.

Thank you for looking, I hope you like! :)

39322464005_ccb28f653d_b.jpg

2 hours ago, cfpendock said:

Very nice.  Will be doing some colour if the weather allows?

Chris

53 minutes ago, Chris-A said:

Very nice. I took a couple of subs of this myself recently, but gave up when I saw the effect of that bright star - great bit of processing to get it looking so clean.

Yes, I might try some colour, really will depend on the weather though & how that monster star in the fov and the 3/4 just outside react. They really are spoiling the show on this lovely little spiral!

52 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Another little gem John, weather has been rubbish down our way recently, I didn't get rid of the cloud until nearly midnight last night while the rest of the country was clear.

Dave

I must have got lucky Dave, there were a few blobs floating about earlier in the evening but they all passed north of me, clear here all night!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

John.

2 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

Very nice. I must say that I quite like monochrome images.

I have to agree, the weather has forced me away from any colour images for about 12 months now, but there is a lot to be appreciated in a monochrome image.

Archived