Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher ED72

I know this got mentioned elsewhere and it is clearly real but not open to dealer discussion, but

The Australian catalogue has an image of it, so it exists and also has mention a 150mm ED too, but that’s been discussed before.

Have a look at page 36, right next to the ed guide scope. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RayD said:

Looks very nice indeed, and a superb price.   

With Schott glass also I reckon this has all the trappings of a great performer for a travel set-up.

Star adventurer anyone?

Just wat I was thinking. Could go well as a travel widefield scope. Don't know how capable it would be on planets however?

2 minutes ago, Victor Boesen said:

Just wat I was thinking. Could go well as a travel widefield scope. Don't know how capable it would be on planets however?

Only one way to find out :icon_biggrin:

I may have to take the bandages off my credit card following Astrofest and see if the scars have healed enough to sustain a second round :angel9:

11 minutes ago, RayD said:

Only one way to find out :icon_biggrin:

I may have to take the bandages off my credit card following Astrofest and see if the scars have healed enough to sustain a second round :angel9:

What a trooper ... go on, we dare you. In fact double dare you :p *Runs away and hides under the desk*

13 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

It has different objective glass to the bigger EDs though - does that suggest it may not match the excellent optics in the rest of the range?

I think that's what many of us are questioning before someone will get to try it out.

9 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Maybe its a secret one thats better than FPL-53 :icon_biggrin: and the match with the other element is probably just as important.

Alan

Let's hope so :) 

Yep, I agree it's all about performance not the glass specs, that's why I think they should release something for it, otherwise people might not commit because it does not have the 'fpl-53' cache.

It's an astonishing price - if the optics are up to scratch. Couple of books on astro gear I've read recently still talk about apos as if they cost as much as a small hatchback. Admittedly they were probably written ten years ago. But this could be a game changer.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Let's hope so :) 

Yep, I agree it's all about performance not the glass specs, that's why I think they should release something for it, otherwise people might not commit because it does not have the 'fpl-53' cache.

I tend to trust Skywatcher these days, some of there recent stuff have been game changers.... I am still wanting an AZ GTi mount :icon_biggrin: but they keep selling out.

Alan

36 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

I tend to trust Skywatcher these days, some of there recent stuff have been game changers.... I am still wanting an AZ GTi mount :icon_biggrin: but they keep selling out.

Alan

I agree Alan, they are releasing some excellent and well thought out products now. My point was actually that I don't want them losing out on sales because of the published spec, even if the product itself is good.

Archived