Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2018_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a4fa178de7d36660e48f7eb1205319eb.jpg

I know this got mentioned elsewhere and it is clearly real but not open to dealer discussion, but

The Australian catalogue has an image of it, so it exists and also has mention a 150mm ED too, but that’s been discussed before.

Have a look at page 36, right next to the ed guide scope. 

• Like 1

Sorry about no link, as hard a second I tried my iPad would not paste it or an image.

Just now, Victor Boesen said:

Converted to British pounds the price for it would be 282£.

Plus VAT and the 2,386 other taxes and duties that would no doubt need to be applied :eek:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Now advertised by Harrison’s at £269

And FLO! :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

@Alan White I corrected the title to read ED72, although an ED76 would be very nice too :) 

• Like 1

Looks very nice indeed, and a superb price.   

With Schott glass also I reckon this has all the trappings of a great performer for a travel set-up.

Star adventurer anyone?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RayD said:

Looks very nice indeed, and a superb price.   

With Schott glass also I reckon this has all the trappings of a great performer for a travel set-up.

Star adventurer anyone?

Just wat I was thinking. Could go well as a travel widefield scope. Don't know how capable it would be on planets however?

2 minutes ago, Victor Boesen said:

Just wat I was thinking. Could go well as a travel widefield scope. Don't know how capable it would be on planets however?

Only one way to find out :icon_biggrin:

I may have to take the bandages off my credit card following Astrofest and see if the scars have healed enough to sustain a second round :angel9:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, RayD said:

Only one way to find out :icon_biggrin:

I may have to take the bandages off my credit card following Astrofest and see if the scars have healed enough to sustain a second round :angel9:

What a trooper ... go on, we dare you. In fact double dare you :p *Runs away and hides under the desk*

• Haha 2

It has different objective glass to the bigger EDs though - does that suggest it may not match the excellent optics in the rest of the range?

13 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

It has different objective glass to the bigger EDs though - does that suggest it may not match the excellent optics in the rest of the range?

I think that's what many of us are questioning before someone will get to try it out.

Seems odd to be specific about fpl-53 in the little 50mm but vague on this one.

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Seems odd to be specific about fpl-53 in the little 50mm but vague on this one.

Maybe its a secret one thats better than FPL-53 :icon_biggrin: and the match with the other element is probably just as important.

Alan

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Maybe its a secret one thats better than FPL-53 :icon_biggrin: and the match with the other element is probably just as important.

Alan

Let's hope so :) 

Yep, I agree it's all about performance not the glass specs, that's why I think they should release something for it, otherwise people might not commit because it does not have the 'fpl-53' cache.

It's an astonishing price - if the optics are up to scratch. Couple of books on astro gear I've read recently still talk about apos as if they cost as much as a small hatchback. Admittedly they were probably written ten years ago. But this could be a game changer.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Let's hope so :) 

Yep, I agree it's all about performance not the glass specs, that's why I think they should release something for it, otherwise people might not commit because it does not have the 'fpl-53' cache.

I tend to trust Skywatcher these days, some of there recent stuff have been game changers.... I am still wanting an AZ GTi mount :icon_biggrin: but they keep selling out.

Alan

• Like 1

Could possibly pair well with the star adventurer another recent great product.

36 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

I tend to trust Skywatcher these days, some of there recent stuff have been game changers.... I am still wanting an AZ GTi mount :icon_biggrin: but they keep selling out.

Alan

I agree Alan, they are releasing some excellent and well thought out products now. My point was actually that I don't want them losing out on sales because of the published spec, even if the product itself is good.

• Like 1