Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 HaRGB with 100D and two scopes...

StargeezerTim

I managed to get photoshop to align the Ha image from last week with an image from about 15 months ago captured with a 72 ED-R scope.

It's quite noisy and I'm sure that more RGB data from the Star 71 will lead to a better image, but here it is anyway. Its heavily cropped as the two images were not that well aligned.

I'm not sure what I think of it! The Ha has added some drama to it and the background is much more defined than RGB alone but the nebula itself is quite gaudy! 

The core is blown, as is usual for me :grin:

5a80ac389a75f_OrionHARGBfinal.thumb.png.360972bfbc22a682536baf3f7b024818.png

Here is the original RGB image for comparison.

5a80ad3324bf5_RGBcropped.thumb.png.1eb77e74d90d9ccdb4559a2f880555b9.png

12 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

That’s like a piece of art, fantastiche 

You are too kind! It's striking but I've lost a lot of colour info towards the core. I don't know where the white surrounds came from, on other images the whispers are redder. I did get some data on my Star 71 last night. It seems to be pretty good but I'll have to wait a week or so till I process it. :-(

14 minutes ago, StargeezerTim said:

You are too kind! It's striking but I've lost a lot of colour info towards the core. I don't know where the white surrounds came from, on other images the whispers are redder. I did get some data on my Star 71 last night. It seems to be pretty good but I'll have to wait a week or so till I process it. :-(

It's a bit pale in the middle for sure, but the detail is there and I like the overall presentation.  It just looks good to me :D

Archived