Narrowband

Rcx 400

Hi guys have a chance of buying rcx 400 12 inch but am concerned about the weight off the telescope ive heard its 98 pounds and 121 pounds its a hell off a weight to move around does anyoneknow extract weight off this scope cheers rob. 

The optical tube and base wiegh 134 lbs and the tripod wieghs 66lbs....i owned an lx 200 12" and that ota and base wieghed 84 lbs and that was quite a lift,but doable with great care,i had it mounted on the rcx  tripod which was a monster also assembled.

I have a 12" RCX 400. It is a beast and  it mostly lives on a pier in my observatory. I highly recommend installing a set of Peterson Get-A-Grip Ergonomic Handles on both sides of the fork arms - it makes a huge difference compared to the tiny hard edged handles it comes with.  The 12" RCX is a fantastic scope optically and if you do wind up getting it I can make some recommendations on how to deal with the sometimes fiddly electronics.

Archived