Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First ZWO image of the sun

Knighty2112

After acquiring my ZWO ASI 120 MC camera the other week, I have today managed to get my first image with it (at least of a solar system object). I did try the other night for Uranus and a few other things, but failed miserably, so today as the blue sky opened up a little I aimed at the sun and with the aid of my Lunt Wedge I managed to get some shots of the sun. Approx 300 images stacked with Registack, and flipped to show correct orientation. Seeing was pretty iffy really, with a stiff wind not helping, but for a first image I’m pretty chuffed with it. 

E6DBFA63-1B8C-431E-946F-6FB500CE936A.thumb.jpeg.1ff2f57393da9be3dbe6500615ad8fb1.jpeg

2 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

great shot Gus, your a natural mate, a cracking firstlight, wish my first was as good. well done mate. charl.

Thanks Charl. Hoping to snag Jupiter and Mars at some point when the chance becomes available with the weather in the early morning skies. :) 

1 minute ago, johnfosteruk said:

Nicely done Gus. Good of them to put on a show for your first light :)

Thanks John. Yes, I was surprised too when I looked through the EP initially to see not just one sunspot, but a whole group of them there. Well timed indeed! :) 

1 hour ago, Lowjiber said:

Very nice first image, Gus.  Thanks for sharing your work.

Clear Skies

Thanks. Not a patch on your work, but hoping to use my larger 120mm f8.3 ‘frac at some point to get some closer images when seeing and weather permits. 

1 hour ago, Ruud said:

Congratulations, Gus! Just a few more tries and a bit less wind, and you'll get magnificent results!

Cheers! Need to get better with focusing, so hoping that with better and steadier seeing that closer views of any AR’s will prove fruitful. 

Archived