SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

C49 Rosette Ha + OIII

Midnight_lightning

Very nice Jon. 

When you say OIII added as layers, does that mean you add more OIII layers to an HaOII bicolour master?  I took some Ha and OIII subs of the Rosette myself on Friday and would like to bring out the core more, like yours.

Thanks, Graham    

Thanks Graham.

NB is still relatively new to me and I am experimenting.  

I processed Bi-colour initially which gave me the image below - this is a very quick process in Star tools.

I then loaded the OIII stacked image again and allocated it to Blue, then layered it over the image below using Star Tools layers - which has some nifty layering options.

I'm sure there will be a better was but I'm short of time at the moment and haven't had chance to do the research.

The original image has much better definition, I lost something adding the OIII layer.

Found this link for creating HST in Photoshop, I haven't tried it yet but maybe worth a look. http://bf-astro.com/hubblep.htm

Hope this helps   

Jon

C49-Rosette-Nebula-1024.jpg

Hi Jon, just thought I'd share withyou my progress since last time. As I use DSS + PS I've been using the method you pointed out for a while.  I'm pleased with the outcome but would like to get more of the lighter tones and colours into the core.  This is 12x300sec Ha + 6x300sec OIII and I suspect that the lack of integration time, especially with the OIII might be causing this; haven't mastered plate solving yet  which limits my times = next task to master!

Graham

RGB HaOO XXX.jpg

Looks great Graham. I’m using 1200sec exposures and there doesn’t seem to be a significant difference. More integration would certainly help,I’m told aim for 9 hours, I only got 4 hours on Friday before it got too low.

Plate solving is pure magic,  I only came across it last year after moving from DSLR to ccd, and SGPro. It took a bit of research but wasn’t hard to set up. I saved the database locally in case I ever go off site, also don’t have to worry about internet connection. Saves loads of time and makes it easy to image over multiple sessions. I’m using team viewer now so I can monitor imaging from the lounge but always go out to watch the automated meridian flip - so cool ?

Thanks Jon.

1200sec exposures = wow!  

I'm a bit shy of some of the technical challenges + if it ain't broke don't fix it.  Took me some time to start guiding but in reality it was fairly easy and already makes a big difference.  Plate solving is next - it's quite obvious I can't make much more progress without being able to image before and after the Meridian + over multiple sessions - time to bite the bullet. Are you using SGPro for the Median Flip?

Just had a look and like the idea of Team Viewer too.  Is it best to install the main programme on the computer controlling the telescope / camera etc and then use other computers / smartphones to monitor or better to do it the other way round.

Regards, Graham

Yes, I use SGP for the flip and control in general, it’s very good. Takes a while to understand and set up but once you get your head around it it’s easy.

With team viewer you just install the software on each device then you can decide which one drives. It’s vary easy to use. I image on my drive and have sockets in the garage so home plugs give me a solid Ethernet connection, my Wi-fi isn’t strong enough outside.

Sounds like you have some reading to do but it will be worth it. Good luck!

Archived