IC405 Flaming Star - 100 mins of Ha and OIII

Adreneline

Hi Everyone,

With the weather as it is I guess anything is better than nothing.

This is 100 mins of Ha and OIII; Ha was taken pre-flip, OIII taken post flip. Subs are pre-processed in PI (Flats but using MasterBias as Dark), stretched in FITS Liberator (a first for me so not sure I've used it to best effect) and then combined using Ha-OIII Bi-Colour Process in Annie's Astro Actions in PS; there is no noise reduction at all.

5a80312b6f496_IC405-Ha-OIII-PILIBPS.thumb.jpg.461579198b4260f107d9ecd8b6c26d07.jpg

I clearly need several hundred more minutes of Ha and OIII and a bit of SII might be helpful as well!

Thanks for looking and any comments or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Adrian

30 minutes ago, MikeODay said:

Nice image Adrian - I don't remember seeing this one before.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your kind comment.

The image above is rather cropped. These are the PixelMaths variants from PI in case you're interested.

IC405-PI_PM.thumb.jpg.8b47e79313a698a908ad21e3604ad13d.jpg

If only the coulds would clear I would try to grab some SII although I'm not sure if it will do any good. Short of that an whole lot more Ha and OIII - and a wider field of view - might do the trick. I also imaged it with my Canon 70D but my processing skills are not good enough to extract the image - assuming there is something there to extract! :)

Adrian

Archived