Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bino adapter for an old Manfrotto tripod ....

kev100

Hi,

I have an old Manfrotto tripod that I use for my Celestron 20x80 binos. As you (hopfully) can see from the pix, I use the screw in the tripod head to directly attach to the bino mount. Is there an adaptor I could use to make it easier to get the binos on and off? I don't know what the tripod model is.

IMG_20180210_152223.thumb.jpg.bc20c8f14da3afb601863ae9331f83b9.jpgIMG_20180210_152041.thumb.jpg.2db95a02709da98fa8f8673646f4748e.jpg

Cheers,

Kev

Cheers Steve,

I was thinking more along the lines of, perhaps, some sort of a quick release thing, with a base I can leave on the tripod, and a 'shoe' I can leave attached to the centre bar of the bins. It's off-putting to be messing around with screws every time.

Kev 

Yes, the bracket is an issue you'll have to overcome, I don't have/need that type of fitting.

Heres my original head from Manfrotto, its the MHXPRO-3W (Un-used but not for sale!) similar connection type, and those stubs handles are extendable. Its the best part of 100 notes here in UK but a bracket is still required.

IMG_2624.JPG

Hi Charic,

I agree, Steve's site is a goldmine. As for the opticron part, I'd prefer not to use a bracket of that type. What do you reckon to this, though: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Andoer-Universal-Adapter-Release-Compatible/dp/B01LZ87MLK/ref=sr_1_19?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1518282756&sr=1-19&keywords=head+quick+release

It appears to be what I need .. in that there's a plate to attach to the tripod head, and a quick release bit that I can leave on the centre bar of the bins ...

Kev

The second option is Manfrotto friendly? and as long as your present binocular clamp fits flush to the fast fit connector, there shouldn't be an issue.

No matter the setup, I still have a binocular strap attached to the scope, just in case you want to blame the locking system for the reason that the binoculars fell to the ground (belt & braces!!) you can never be too careful.

Archived