Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

An attempt to increase observing/imaging time

The biggest factor preventing me getting out recently has been the setup time required and more specifically being able to do it at a reasonable hour. I've been wanting to do more NB imaging and also test out the Equinox/Nagler zoom combo on Jupiter during early morning so I hatched a plan!

One ground anchor, a bunch of straps and a large Cygnus Astro scope cover later and I've now got a semi permanent setup. It feels rock solid with the straps tightened down and I've strapped the cover up to stop it acting like a sail in the wind.

Going to drift align tonight and leave it out for a few days as there's  good night time weather forecast. Rain is forecast in the daytime however, so the cover will be getting a workout...

20180209_142246.jpg

20180209_142251.jpg

20180209_142446.jpg

and there was me thinking you were moving abroad! ;-)

I like the idea, but if I did it here it would rip the anchor out and take off the first big blow.
The cast iron chimanea was launched last storm and that's in the most sheltered spot.
I should point out that I live in The Essex Alps!

Archived