Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Question about weather sites.

Hi all,

There is a website out there (I won't post links as not sure that's allowed) called Met Check. 
My question is; How reliable are these websites? 

Reason I ask is I looked last night (about 11pm) and 'seeing & transparency' were like, nope forget it!
Just looked now and they're all up in the high numbers, IE: go for it! 
Seems odd to have shifted so drastically in the space of a few hours.
(Even the weather man on tv predicts up to 5 days in advance) 

Last question; If that website I mentioned is not favoured by you guys & gals, do you have one that I should check out please? 

Thanks for looking.
Clear skies to all! :)

Pete. 

What I do is look on the met office UK Observations Map. I run the sequence at X2 speed and see how fast and in what direction the clouds are traveling. I then make my own prediction as to whether or not I set up.

None of the 'forecast' sites ever get our weather correct. Sadly even Clear Outside is next to useless for me!

I have recently discovered that accurately predicting the weather is a complicated affair involving many data sources and combinations. (just ask JF) ;)

Looking at tonight's Synoptic Surface Pressure Chart I would hazzard that you should be good to go in your location.

and for real time Wind etc you can see what is happening and workout why things may not be quite so simple.

It is hellish complicated to absorb and assimilate all the variables in 'my' head, and how they may affect each other, but the Met Office and Universities have people way brainier than I.

But I reckon that 'seeing' will be grim.

Best, Rich

5 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

I watch the weather on RTE (Ireland's national broadcaster). They seem to be getting the weather spot on for the last yr.

Paul, my father in law is a farmer and he swears by rte. they always get it right. 

Archived