SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Monkey head nebula

I was onto the monkey head last night (first time for me) with the 20" and it showed up well in the ethos13 (x150) and uhc filter. When I look at your pic then it seems to emphasize different areas to what I saw visually.

Visually the sweeping curve of the right side stood out as did two black areas within the shape (eye socket was one of them), the other lower down. Felt like I had more under the face than the pic

It was clearly A monkey head!

At x100 the shape was clear enough but it took the x150 to get a bit more contrast and slap me in the face :) 

Alan

On 2/8/2018 at 17:38, GavStar said:

A new favourite object of mine.

Taken with 160mm refractor, NV eyepiece with 6nm h alpha filter and nightcap app.

Processed with ps express

1EC54C8D-E304-432C-A304-415DCA41552A.jpeg

Awesome image! I was looking for that night cap app on the PlayStore. I have a Samsung but I am unable to find it with all the similar apps. Who is the developer of the app you used? Thank you.

Archived