SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

February 7, 2018: My best M45 by far

Got guiding working better on the EQ3-2, and tried up to 120s (as opposed to 30 s yesterday) with the APM 80mm F/6 triplet, TRF-2008 0.8x reducer, and Canon EOS 550D (modded) with Astronomik CLS-CCD filter. A total exposure time of 3 h 48 min reported in APP which I used for almost all processing. Just used Gimp for some final tweaks and a bit of cropping. Might do a restack with slightly different setting (there are what appear to be two short satellite trails in the background). The background is a bit noisy, so I might try to filter that a bit, but overall, this is the best I have done on M45 ever (at my first go with the 80mm). Well pleased.

M45-20180207.thumb.jpg.d6e1ff0f544555bb6c96a369f73821b7.jpg

Very very nice indeed!

I do not find it too noisy but you may of course play with NR to see how far you can go without loosing nebulosity. Personally I would probably increase the blue/cyan saturation a tad, but that is just me - I am a colour addict.

Cheers

Archived