Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Marmot

Registax 6 Lunar Ghost Images

Hello,

I am new to Registax 6.  Tried stacking lunar eclipse photos (used JPG images, could not get right exposure with video).  Used stock settings and reduced points to only 40.  I keep getting ghost images after stacking.

What can I do to eliminate this?

Thank You,
Michal

Stack 001.jpg

did you use Pipp to sort and aline your frames first ? if you havnt got Pipp its free to download. charl.

• Like 1

You could also try Autostakkert (AS!3) for stacking as it's better than Registax.

Peter

Hello

In Registax 6 you can use in "Alignment Setup" the function "Align by centre of gravity"

You have a cross and click on it just one time. After click on button "Align".

Clear skies.

Luc

Edited by CATLUC

Hmmm.....still having issues.  Tried the alignment setup in Registax and tried Autostakkert (image attached). Neither worked.  I suspect it is the dim areas / lack of contrast in the lunar totality image that is causing problems.  I will need to investigate my settings further.

Proc Tota_g4_ap226.tif

I think you may be right when you say lack of contrast - most stackers need some definite "marks" to stack on.  When stacking full disc solar images (JPEG's from a DSLR camera) I use PIPP to centre and crop the images and then Registax 5 (not 6) to stack.  The trick for such low contrast, featureless images seems to be to use a single large align point and place it so there is a decent amount of border of the disc within the align box - Something like this:

Capture.JPG.ac826512fb94be5182047f363263e046.JPG

I can usually "persuade" it to stack with this technique.