SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NEW! Sky-Watcher EvoGuide 50mm ED GuideScope

FLO

• 4 weeks later...

Initially, I had the idea to make a binoscope with a fixed interpupillary distance. Print on a 3D printer detail, as in the figure. The detail of this positioning between two 50ED. Pull it all off with some kind of tie. In the base of the part insert the nut under the photo screw 1 1/4-20.

3Д.jpg

By the way....

I tried all different ways to place my Canon+Samyang on top of  my 130PDS and my EvoGuide simply do not fit anywhere...

If it fits, - I am not able to balance the scope...

Are there any rings to fit EvoGuide inside and a place/fittings for the dovetail on top?

Preferably with with vixen clamps at the bottom.
Something like these, https://www.firstlightoptics.com/tube-rings/pl_pllansu87p.html

On another hand...

It is probably cheaper to go for OAG.... and forget Evoguider completely :(....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought one of these to guide my wide-field rig.  It comes in a bundle with the ASI120MM.  High quality indeed.

However, I spent two hours trying to get the blasted thing to focus last night to no avail and gave up in frustration.  With or without the included extender it will not focus.  I will have to try again later. 

55 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

spent two hours trying to get the blasted thing to focus

Hi,

I bought (separately) the same combination and it will focus but I find there is a lot of backlash in the focusing system. I've never achieved a really 'tight' focus but certainly adequate for guiding. I hope you've not got a faulty one.

IMG_9208.thumb.JPG.35c9027e44d9591616d951abf32f8d40.JPG

I removed all those little knurled screws and bits cos' I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they did - other than get in the way when trying to fit it in the rings; I taped over the holes with black tape.

Adrian

Edited by Adreneline
Typo

Thanks.  My Guidecam is actually the ASI120MM-mini, so slightly different to your set up.  I see you have the extender that comes with the SW ED50 still on your set up.

Interestingly, if I put my eye to the back of the guidescope and point it at some distant trees in the daylight, the trees only focus when my eye is almost 8 inches away from the back of the focuser..... Surely the focus point of my eye and that of the camera are different, otherwise I'd need unfeasibly long extenders on the back to achieve focus.

I sorted this out last night.  To get to focus you need to have the extender - that comes with the ASI120MM-mini - screwed into the front of the camera to push the sensor back a little bit more.

A very nice and robust set up.  I am very pleased with it.

19 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

I bought one of these to guide my wide-field rig.  It comes in a bundle with the ASI120MM.  High quality indeed.

However, I spent two hours trying to get the blasted thing to focus last night to no avail and gave up in frustration.  With or without the included extender it will not focus.  I will have to try again later. 

is your ASI120MM - mini?
if yes, - yep, quite tricky... Do not push full camera inside... In my case, I have managed to get in focus only having 1cm IN!!!! A bit strange...

On another hand, with ASI224, I had no problems at all... 

P.S.
Moon is ON, - it will help a lot.

P.P.S Oops, have not noticed your last post somehow...
And I do not remember having any extender with ASI mini.... can you drop a pic, I will check my boxes

Edited by RolandKol

• 3 years later...