Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Camp 2018

Hi Ian,

No, the cod fillet was perfect, but I had to cook it in open as Mike thought it might stink the caravan out!

Nice to see the whiskey you are bringing, ( it goes like a race horse I believe! ) could be the last when Brexit goes ahead and the imports of Ireland's best are stopped at the border......

Have a safe trip and looking forward on meeting up again 

Cheers

Adrian

PS it appears David's whiskey is sitting on his worktops.....

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, wackyscot said:

Car is packed, not easy with a bad back but I got there. Just need to squeeze Pete's stuff in ???? oh I still have my clothes to go in ????

IMG_20181003_115153.jpg

IMG_20181003_115147.jpg

Good God! Are you sure that it is your car and you have not got a hold of Mikes by mistake ?

??

Hi Folks,

Wednesday Night 23:15 pm.... report

The clouds over the campsite have parted for a while, we can see the plough, Capella, Cassiopeia, Pegasus, Vega, Hercules, Draco and parts of the Milky Way.

This is a totally unexpected delight.... But the clouds are moving from the west, so I don't think the clear patch will be around for long.

The forecast is for clouds tonight. I must have a whiskey and go out again to see if things have changed.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Folks

Thursday Morning Report....

Well I was up at 05:45am this morning.....it was cloudy but high cloud, the crescent Moon was high in the southeast. Nothing else was visible.

Decided on going back to bed until 08:00am, what else can one do?

The cattle have moved from the field that goes down to bay, the big White Bull will not be back in the Spring....the cows are going up to Ian's farm near Newton Stewart for the winter.

I took some photos of the event which I will attempt to load up later.

It is a grey day here and a tad windy as well.

To those travelling take care, we would hate your whiskey bottles to get smashed.

Cheers

Adrian

8 hours ago, Stu said:

Hope @wookie1965 made it up safely, and fingers crossed for some clear skies up there for you hardy souls!! Have fun! :)

I'm here Stu had a good run only thing is forgot our clothes and air bed got a leak pumped it up 3 times in the night. Hoping for clear night tonight, going out buying some clothes I did not need and a new airbed today.

17 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

I'm here Stu had a good run only thing is forgot our clothes and air bed got a leak pumped it up 3 times in the night. Hoping for clear night tonight, going out buying some clothes I did not need and a new airbed today.

Glad you had a good trip Paul. Good luck with the air bed and clothes! More importantly hope you get to see some stars!!

Archived