Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Hi John,

Sorry no oak trees or pylons around, you can try the hedges instead....... or if you go 300 yards north there is a small woods with cows for company.

Have a safe trip

Adrian

Hi Folks,

Update to the Tuesday Report.....21:00

You would never believe it, but the wind has dropped to 0 mph....

The clouds have parted leaving a clear patch over the campsite so the Plough, Cassiopeia, Cappella etc are now visible with the Milky Way.... it is not the crystal clear associated with Drumroamin, so hoping that the moisture in the sky will disappear as the evening wears on. It is moderately warm as still in my shorts.

Jamie and Dawn are aligning their scopes with PoleMaster while the Pole Star is visible.

Earlier on looked that the skies would not clear, but you never know what will happen next here with weather.

Travel safely to those coming tomorrow and watch out for the speed vans on the A75.

Cheers

Adrian

My arrival has been set back till Thursday work dictating the order of the day , forecast not looking too good until  Saturday when a carpet of stars has been promised, I will be bringing a rather nice and unusual malt at this occasion and you are all invited for dram ... rationed on course !! 

AD2C25DE-244D-4347-859E-3F7704662D8D.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, westmarch said:

Sadly, I can’t get there until Friday evening!  Hopefully there will still be some forgotten corner under an oak tree or pylon for me to pitch up. ?

John

Hi John,

as Adrian says, no trees or pylons, but I am sure we will fit you in. Look forward to meeting you, I should be arriving lunchtime on the Thursday til Sunday

Sadly, I can’t get there until Friday evening!  Hopefully there will still be some forgotten corner under an oak tree or pylon for me to pitch up. ?

John

Hi John,

as Adrian says, no trees or pylons, but I am sure we will fit you in. Look forward to meeting you, I should be arriving lunchtime on the Thursday til Sunday

• Like 1

John

Hi John,

Oops, kept saying reply not posted, obviously it did - 3 times?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ASTROSTUART said:

My arrival has been set back till Thursday work dictating the order of the day , forecast not looking too good until  Saturday when a carpet of stars has been promised, I will be bringing a rather nice and unusual malt at this occasion and you are all invited for dram ... rationed on course !! 

I am bringing an Irish Malt ?

1 hour ago, Uplooker said:

I am bringing an Irish Malt ?

Im sure an exchange will be the order of the day....... Hope the skies are playing fair tonight, forecast is encouraging. 

51 minutes ago, westmarch said:

Apparently there is a Yorkshire Malt - it was on the local news tonight!  Thankfully it is still in the cask and not available until next year!  

https://www.spiritofyorkshire.com

It will have to be Dalwhinnie from me.

John

Winters Gold is always a favourite..  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ASTROSTUART said:

Winters Gold is always a favourite..  ?

I like a good sense of humour.........?

Well the clear sky lasted long enough to polar align,but decided to cloud back over at about 22.30,hoping it clears after midnight.

The site is starting to fill up ,and despite the rain we have had i have to say the field is in tiptop condition, and there are still some electric pitches available ,so do yourselves a favor and come over to Galloway and enjoy some dark skies.

Mike

• Like 2

Is everyone still o.k. up there this morning as there's no post from Adrian as yet today? 

Hope all of you haven't been blown into the estuary? Or drowned in a sea of straw coloured liquid :grin:

Edited by mapstar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Car is packed, not easy with a bad back but I got there. Just need to squeeze Pete's stuff in ???? oh I still have my clothes to go in ????

IMG_20181003_115153.jpg

IMG_20181003_115147.jpg

10 minutes ago, wackyscot said:

Car is packed, not easy with a bad back but I got there. Just need to squeeze Pete's stuff in ???? oh I still have my clothes to go in ????

IMG_20181003_115153.jpg

IMG_20181003_115147.jpg

Kitchen Sink ?

2 minutes ago, stuffedhaggis said:

Kitchen Sink ?

Probably overload it with the whisky, but that'll been the first thing in ?

• Like 1

Just now, mapstar said:

Probably overload it with the whisky, but that'll been the first thing in ?

It's in there :)

IMG_20180930_115232.jpg

1 hour ago, wackyscot said:

It's in there :)

IMG_20180930_115232.jpg

Thought that was for cleaning the toilet ? 

Edited by stuffedhaggis
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, ASTROSTUART said:

very nice indeed, have had several bottles of this and never disappoints, enjoy.

Hi Damian.

Sorry about the lack of a report this morning,

I had a shave and a shower, then breakfast and Lesley texted me to walk the dog Bud.

We left here at 08:40 am and arrived back at 10:30ish I needed to change and drive to pick a friend up near St. Ninian's cave for a day out.

There was no wind this morning first thing and at 11:00am it was drizzling when driving to Whithorn. Had more showers as we headed to the Haugh of Ur for lunch.

The weather now depends on which way you are looking, to the North it looks threatening with dark rain clouds (Phil only sees blue)

To the Southeast there have been patches of blue, if these conditions stay we will see Mars....The wind is increasing in strength but nothing like what we have already had.

Thinking maybe a good night for a spot of whiskey tasting.

Last night we had some viewing for 2 hours but not brilliant

All the best

Adrian

• Like 1

Hi David,

I didn't know you were in the storage business using a car warehouse...

Secondly, and most important I cannot spot a bottle of Whiskey in the carnage..... Trust you have packed one, just check again, Thanks.....

See you tomorrow ..... have safe trip.... we are in no hurry to meet you.

Safe trip

Adrian