Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Galloway Autumn Star Camp 2018

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, wackyscot said:

There will be plenty of folks to help you put the tent up. All good guys who go :)

6 hours ago, Uplooker said:

As Dave says, there will be no shortage of people to help put your tent up. I am going to be there Thurs - Sunday

Well son said yes thank you everyone just hope there is space left as I only get paid on the 8th of September.

5 hours ago, Physopto said:

Whiskey  ?

That’s never stopped me doing anything ?

Aahh, you were just being thoughtful in reminding everyone that they better not forget to bring some whiskey for their own consumption, good thinking Derek!

I'll give him "not happy".  ?

House has been on the market for some time now. Still awaiting real buyers rather than sight seers !  As Mike says, hope you and Dawn are well. I am hoping to come over to The Star Party to catch up with you all. ??

?  Derek

12 hours ago, Physopto said:

I'll give him "not happy".  ?

House has been on the market for some time now. Still awaiting real buyers rather than sight seers !  As Mike says, hope you and Dawn are well. I am hoping to come over to The Star Party to catch up with you all. ??

?  Derek

Purple bricks, me thinks ????  you still got the van or is that history now. How's the little missus, o and you too. We are ok usually moans from you know who??

We sold the van a few months ago to my friend at Stranraer. Tried to put him off but home would not have it. So he is on the sharp end of the learning trip at present. He will no doubt be going through the same as you and Dawn did trying to get the heating going,,,,,?

Yes we are both OK. Just fed up with time wasters viewing the house. Will you two be at Galloway this autumn? If so hope to meet up for a chat and whiskey, maybe Dawn will have a bottle of hers to share.. ? again.

On 30/08/2018 at 00:40, Physopto said:

We sold the van a few months ago to my friend at Stranraer. Tried to put him off but home would not have it. So he is on the sharp end of the learning trip at present. He will no doubt be going through the same as you and Dawn did trying to get the heating going,,,,,?

Yes we are both OK. Just fed up with time wasters viewing the house. Will you two be at Galloway this autumn? If so hope to meet up for a chat and whiskey, maybe Dawn will have a bottle of hers to share.. ? again.

Yea were gonna be there, no whisky horrible. Stuff?  Al make you a nice camomile tea. ?

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Demon Barber said:

I`ve got a good selection of wet n dry sandpapers :thumbsup:

We will be able to clean it,will have a look when you arrive,what`s your name?

Mike

Hi Mike its Paul I will be with my wife son and granddaughter in a black vectra and Berghaus air 6 (blue)

Had nothing but trouble with it since I got it.

paid £140 from a astronomy shop the focuser was knackered a mate give me a Skywatcher dual speed focuser I had to get an adapter made £135.

went out the stars were not like marbles as they should be the front retaining ring was really tight I have had cut a small notch in it to use a screwdriver to tap it round that's when I noticed all that behind the front lens.

Paul

15 hours ago, Uplooker said:

What equipment do you have, bulb blower, Baader Wonder Fluid, microfibre cloth, soft / fine lens brush?

I have bulb blower, microfiber cloth fine lens brush on the other end of a carbon lens cleaner somewhere  and spectacle wipes .

16 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Would anyone be able to clean the glass on my 5" scope please I have ever done a refractor before ever dont want to mess it up.

Here is a picture all this is inside.

20180916_142549.jpg.31effef9c8718c435883623023989fa3.jpg

Is the muck on the outer surface of the objective or is it between the two lenses? Cleaning the outer surface of the objective is simple, cleaner the inner surfaces of the lenses is more complex.

48 minutes ago, Uplooker said:

Is the muck on the outer surface of the objective or is it between the two lenses? Cleaning the outer surface of the objective is simple, cleaner the inner surfaces of the lenses is more complex.

Ive cleaned the outer surface this is between the two lenses and I have never taken the glass out of a refractor before dont want to mess it up that is why I posted for someone with a lot more knowledge than me.

Hi Mike,

I have been booked in to Galloway Autumn Star Party since March 2018, so Lesley informed me this morning...........

I have just finished the Isle of Man Star Party, the organisation was brilliantly achieved by Hadyn and his friend Mark. They had a big marque and catered for adults and the little ones.

We had very high winds on Saturday night and two members had trouble with their tents, wind damage on one and driving rain on the other.

Last night, Sunday, the seeing was good, it is a very dark site in the village of Ballough. The TT Races go through the village at speed.

I went bird and bat watching on the cloudy nights (Friday and Saturday) to the Raven pub in the village, had an excellent Sunday roast there on a par with the Harbour Inn in Garlieston.

I am staying at Hadyn's for a few days, then going home on Thursday weather permitting. Then, I have a whole week before setting out on the 400 mile trip to Galloway.

I hope to see you there, with Ian ( the Pie Champion ) 

Hadyn and Christina are off to the SGL Party at Lucsall in Hereford.

All the very best, ( I have my Highland Park already in the car.)

Cheers

Adrian

Archived