Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
wookie1965

Saving my back

With having severe pain in my back I find polar aligning very hard. So I went out and bought this now I can just sit down and polar align in comfort. 

20180206_180335.jpg

20180206_180328.jpg

20180206_180323.jpg

20180206_180311.jpg

20180206_180305.jpg

• Like 3

Those RA camera finders are brilliant, I have had one for many years and it also enables you to keep the mount low so improving stability.

Alan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alien 13 said:

Those RA camera finders are brilliant, I have had one for many years and it also enables you to keep the mount low so improving stability.

Alan

Wish I had known about these 12 months ago I have been struggling really bad. 

9 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Wish I had known about these 12 months ago I have been struggling really bad. 

It is one of those things that gets posted in lots of topics but is easily missed, I think it would be a great idea if a kind Mod could  combine the relevant topics into a "sticky", what is surprising is that FLO hasn't taken up the idea with the EQ mounts they sell as an add on option.

Alan

Edited by Alien 13
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

It is one of those things that gets posted in lots of topics but is easily missed, I think it would be a great idea if a kind Mod could  combine the relevant topics into a "sticky", what is surprising is that FLO hasn't taken up the idea with the EQ mounts they sell as an add on option.

Alan

I know Alan for people who struggle they are brilliant I only come across them from a advert. Anyone with an Eq mount they are invaluable. 

Just now, wookie1965 said:

I know Alan for people who struggle they are brilliant I only come across them from a advert. Anyone with an Eq mount they are invaluable. 

I am glad that you found one even if its a bit late, they are useful on a straight through finder too but for me it means I can go low, as an example you could run a Star adventurer with DSLR/lens a foot off the ground provided the camera had a flip out screen or was tethered to a phone or tablet.

Alan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

So I went out and bought this now I can just sit down and polar align in comfort. 

Can i ask where you got it, quite like the fact it comes with the adapter and screws ( or is that something you got separate? )

3 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

The adapter I got separately here you go

Thanks for that, seller not currently got any listed :sad: but he apparently does an adapter for the star adventurer polar scope as well, which i am looking for, happy days :icon_biggrin: might just send him a message,

• Like 1

A great example of how the advent of 3D printing allows a micro business to set up doing short runs/one offs of handy little devices.

The seller gets a small income and the buyer gets a product that a larger business would be unlikely to make money on due to the relatively low demand. ?

I had one of these in the last year as I can't kneel  any more after my knee fracture - I already had a right angled finder, and some-one on here kindly made the adapter but for me.   It was brilliant the first couple of times I used it but the 3rd time it just would not sit straight on the polar scope for some reason (I had no screws to tighten it), so I ended up getting Polemaster in the end.  That little adapter is a great idea.

Carole