Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First car in space today!

Sunshine

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

two of my neighbours own teslas for 4 years now, they use them a lot for family road trips, i often ask how they're holding up and believe it or not even through our brutal winters they seem solid, one neighbour let me take one out for an hour long spin

and the thing didn't make so much as a creak as i drove which is super after 4 years on road.

thats a good testament for the car... It might just seems soft due to its fiberglass body and light weight.... 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, VNA said:

My understanding is the Tesla will be orbiting between Mars and the Sun. It could melt if it gets too close since the body is fiberglass.

I'm sure that the body is covered under the warranty. :-D

Publicity? of course... but I'd kill to be in his position, building things, basically living the hobby life instead of going to work, a job I despise, and putting up with morons that I wish would just all di3.

I admit that he is the closest to me being jealous of anyone I have come to in the world.

27 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

Publicity? of course... but I'd kill to be in his position, building things, basically living the hobby life instead of going to work, a job I despise, and putting up with morons that I wish would just all di3.

No bitterness in your life, I see. :icon_rolleyes:

I wasn't around in 1969, but seeing a Car launch into space driven by a dummy astronaut with Don't panic on the SatNav, plus side boosters that gently land upright back down on Earth must be the good consolation prize! So glad I witnessed that with my little boy, hopefully a moment for him to remember as well as myself :) 

Amazing to watch. Seeing the two rocket boosters landing simultaneously was just phenomenal. I watched it with my 7 year old daughter who plans on telling her story in school tomorrow. Any news on whether the 3rd booster has landed?

P.S My daughter criticised the fact that there appeared to be very few women there. She has a point I think....

34 minutes ago, broom said:

Amazing to watch. Seeing the two rocket boosters landing simultaneously was just phenomenal. I watched it with my 7 year old daughter who plans on telling her story in school tomorrow. Any news on whether the 3rd booster has landed?

P.S My daughter criticised the fact that there appeared to be very few women there. She has a point I think....

Most female engineers I've met have at least one parent who is an engineer.  However, not every daughter of every engineer becomes an engineer.  I have two daughters, one is an engineer like her dad, the other is not (and neither is my son).  Unless they see an engineer in person every day, it doesn't always register as a viable career track to them.

1 hour ago, Louis D said:

No bitterness in your life, I see. :icon_rolleyes:

No none... only at work, but my job is not "life" its slow death... Outside of my rostered hours, there will be a cold day in hell before I'll answer a work call, no matter who it is...

2 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

I have the utmost respect for Elon Musk if it wasn't for him and the Russian Soyuz there would be no exploration, I doubt Nasa could launch much more than a firework rocket these days.

Alan

Very good point.... VERY

56 minutes ago, broom said:

I'm sure that was either old footage or CGI... had a CGIish look to it.... landed and still showed speed at 23,363km/h and 179km altitude.

Archived