Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Astroblagger

Images and timelapse vids look alot darker on facebook etc?

Hello

Iv recently been getting lots of timelapse vids together, they look great on my desktop monitor but when I post images and videos on facebook etc they look a lot darker?

I have the brightness setting of my ipad and phone to full and they still look very dark, anyone have any ideas? is there any way of calibrating them so they are the same?

I find that too..images look good  (not fantastic) on the laptop but flat and lifeless on fb..think it's to do with its 25mb limit and compression...

I had the opposite problem with pictures that look good becoming horribly over-stretched when uploaded to SGL.

The answer was to change the ICC colour profiles of every program I use to be the same default as most browsers use.