SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EQ 6 problems

Erik  P

Hello

I started having some issues with my Eq 6 skyscan -mount after yesterday's session. The mount is almost brand-new and has been working properly so far.

So this is the situation: When I turn the power on, there's no beep or any sound from the mount (regulators?). The hand controller immediately starts initializing but after that, it displays "Comm. error or no connection" -error. It seems like there is no controller-mount -communication whatsoever, since the controller works normally apart from controlling the mount. But the controller gets it's power from the mount regardless? So what could be wrong?

My doubts about why something went wrong is that the voltage of the power-source dropped below the recommended 12VDC and the temperature was very cold (-20C). Everything worked normally until the end of the session and bringing my gear inside and everything warming up overnight. I've opened the main panel and there seems to be no visible damage nor moisture in the motherboard unit. Also the plugs and wires I have double-checked several times.

Is there any chance this could be a software-based problem and doing some magic via EQDIR/PC could help? 

-Erik

So I measured that all the wires are intact, plus cleaned all the metal pins extra carefully - still doesn't work!

I also tried eqdir -cable and less surprisingly eqmod can't find the com port.

Can I do anything but buy a new motherboard?

When I look at the properties of the device in the device manager, it claims that there is no driver for this device. Is this an issue, because the ascom and eqmod are installed and running well? 

It only tells me that it's in the usb serial port tho. Not any numbers

Archived