Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just joined the H alpha club.

laudropb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Still have not popped my Ha cherry. The Sun is just still too low from my location. Its blocked for the most part by trees. Ill wait til its higher.

Well, I'm @55N and the misty sun barely reached 23° altitude but was still worth seeing.

My roof ridge interfered with afternoon viewing but I still captured a prominence with half the objective in shade.

Give it a try and you may well be surprised. Trees are another matter of course.

On 2/22/2018 at 07:32, Rusted said:

Well, I'm @55N and the misty sun barely reached 23° altitude but was still worth seeing.

My roof ridge interfered with afternoon viewing but I still captured a prominence with half the objective in shade.

Give it a try and you may well be surprised. Trees are another matter of course.

My problem is trees outside of the boundry of my back garden. Bare with no leaves but damn those branches.

Im thinking forget the branches of the trees. If i focus on the Sun, the branches wont even be visible. It will be my 1st venture in Ha, so im not expecting it to be brilliant. 

I could easily observe from the front of my house (bungalow), but my extension lead may not reach that far. Worth a try. 

You will at least see an image Paul, but when I did the same today I could still see the branches waving very faintly, unlike with Jupiter.

How about getting a small power pack to run the Quark? No need for mains then.

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

You will at least see an image Paul, but when I did the same today I could still see the branches waving very faintly, unlike with Jupiter.

How about getting a small power pack to run the Quark? No need for mains then.

I have 2 power packs. Both 7Ah Celestron. Car cigarette lighter connections. Neither have been used or even charged in a long time, so probably dry and dead. I have been thinking of getting a new small/portable power pack for my 8SE (and now the Quark). Maplins sell some good cheap ones, but they are about to go into liquidation here in Ireland.

Any suggestions?.

Appantely mobile phone charging power thingies aint up to the job. I have one but...............

35 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Appantely mobile phone charging power thingies aint up to the job. I have one but...............

Plenty of the mobile packs are up to the job, if they have 2A USB charging outputs. I bought a couple when I had my Quark and they worked fine.I'm sure some of the current Quark users could advise.

Archived