Do you think these are genuine Baader - seems very good price

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

What telescope have you got now I can't recall if you made a choice?

Hi, I have got a 200P Dobsonian but got it 2nd hand with just one Williams 20mm EP.

So I was after something like a 15 mm as a 2nd EP but after thinking about it wanted to get a reasonable mid range one and kind of decided on Baader Hyperion expecting to pay about £100 for one. I also wanted some sort of case for them and found these. Whilst I guess I really do not need the set of four they kind of fall in line to make a very nice set with the 20mm as I have a full range of reasonable lenses none too close together (will have 5, 10, 17, 20 & 24 mm) and a case. Okay maybe a 15 mm would be better than 17 mm and I don't really need the 5mm, but I would be paying around £160 for 1 lens and the case including postage so I get the other 3 for under £60 a piece.

I think it's more than I need right now though but quite fancy them at that price.

Steve

11 minutes ago, fozzybear said:

Hi Steve,

On Baader's site # 2454602 for the set  they are  525 euros so that's $463-00 quid, I,ve just looked on amazon.co.uk and they are £337.73

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FQCHDIE?tag=stargloung-21&th=1

Despathced from and sold by Amazon

Andy

Cheers Andy,

Just refreshed the page and now £4 cheaper.

Steve

I've just bought the starter set this week from FLO and they price matched another retailer at £377 (they even let me choose the 4 focal lengths I wanted), I thought I got a bargain!! If you bought these and they seem fake, Amazon will give you a refund although you would have to post them back.

3 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Well I took the plunge and bought them at £337 and according to an email they are on the way. When I go on the link now they are £429.

I hope Amazon still honor my purchase.

They usually do honor the price, look forward to any views/feedback enjoy..

Alan

12 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Well I took the plunge and bought them at £337 and according to an email they are on the way. When I go on the link now they are £429.

hope all is well with them :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

I received mine on Thursday and was set to use them for the first time tonight as it said that it was going to be a clear night. You guessed it - full cloud cover ?. First impressions though they seem good quality and the case is a nice touch.

5 minutes ago, Bino Pete said:

I received mine on Thursday and was set to use them for the first time tonight as it said that it was going to be a clear night. You guessed it - full cloud cover ?. First impressions though they seem good quality and the case is a nice touch.

So when Steve gets his we are due for yet more clouds......

Just now, Stub Mandrel said:

Amazon sometimes uses dynamic pricing. You buy, price goes up, then slowly drops until someone else bites.

The there's Amazon prime, if you check non-prime items + postage are often cheaper than prime ones with free delivery.

yes my wife swears by that, that is why my wallet is empty...... she is an Amazon junky

1 minute ago, Bino Pete said:

It seems to be standard procedure when you buy something Astronomy related - 2 weeks of cloud cover!

1 minute ago, Bino Pete said:

It seems to be standard procedure when you buy something Astronomy related - 2 weeks of cloud cover!

yes and next week i'm off work for a week nice cold weather due, but hey ho i bet it will be cloudy, we will have to wait and see

8 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Amazon sometimes uses dynamic pricing. You buy, price goes up, then slowly drops until someone else bites.

I have noticed this a few times with items I have purchased, the giveaway is usually the heading 2 in stock or similar. Its certainly well worth keeping an eye out.

Alan

Just now, Alien 13 said:

I have noticed this a few times with items I have purchased, the giveaway is usually the heading 2 in stock or similar. Its certainly well worth keeping an eye out.

Alan

Just now, Alien 13 said:

Alan

I tried that with my wife looking for an mpcc vis and photo coma corrector  on promo on FLO a saving off 50 euros and the response was "why do you need that" (brick wall Head) yet amazon for the wife it is "a good deal" (head shaking mine) you just can't win and never will......

Archived